IGNORED

Microsoft now lets you stream PC games to an Xbox One and use a controller

What's the point? The XB1 controller works fine on the PC. :?

same as any streaming, you don't have to have your gaming PC hooked up to your tele just the XB1. It's all part of their master plan to rent you games instead of you buying them and owning them. This and X-Cloud.

Edited by power

Halo Master Chief Collection coming to Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

My only reason I'd own an Xbox was Halo and now that I'd finally be able to play Halo 3 on PC.... it's about time. Let's hope the PC matchmaking is better than the problems the console version had.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16

What's the point? The XB1 controller works fine on the PC. :?

The point is it's a feature that adds flexibility to how one can enjoy their games. I'm sure I speak for a few others here when I say, sometimes the last thing I want to do after a long day at work is come home and sit at yet another computer. Being able to stream my PC games to my living room TV where I enjoy a much larger screen (and a more comfortable chair, my couch) could be nice.

Note, the Nvidia Shield already does this. I've heard it works pretty well too. I'll be interested in trying it on the Xbox One.

• Like 2

Also not not everyone can afford a nice gaming pc rig. So getting an xbox 2n 1. Save 1000-2000 on a high end pc just for games.

No, you still need the PC. This isn't something like OnLive or Playstation Now for PC gaming on a Xbox One.

All you're doing is streaming video of the game from your PC to your Xbox One through your network, while sending controller inputs back from your Xbox One through your network to your PC that's running the game.

Edited by Atariboy

The point is it's a feature that adds flexibility to how one can enjoy their games. I'm sure I speak for a few others here when I say, sometimes the last thing I want to do after a long day at work is come home and sit at yet another computer. Being able to stream my PC games to my living room TV where I enjoy a much larger screen (and a more comfortable chair, my couch) could be nice.

Note, the Nvidia Shield already does this. I've heard it works pretty well too. I'll be interested in trying it on the Xbox One.

Exactly this. I feel like it's harder to relax sitting at a PC (which I do all day at work.) I'd rather be on my couch in "chill mode."

I tried out this feature the other day, and it works quite well! Not flawless but very good considering both machines are on wireless. I'm all about it!

There are some games on Steam that will never make it to Xbone, so having 2 in 1 on the TV is a great feature.

• 2 weeks later...

If this got to the point where I could use the XB1 as a mirror to my PC, and use any program I want over the Xbox , I would definitely Be interested. I suspect it will be limited to games, and only certain games at that.

If, somehow, they made it work with a Mac, I would be all over that.