IGNORED

Bad Apple Demo?

Larry

I just watched (in amazement) the Bad Apple demo running on the Rapidus from Lotharek's site. Are those graphics done on the A8? If so, G8 I presume? The only downside is that the demo takes a long time to load. Anyone have any details on how this is executed and how much code is involved? Loading time aside, that is absolutely amazing!

-Larry

Well,

we have several versions of Bad Apple for the A8 now. Think the first conversion on the A8 was done by Playsoft in four different resolutions, all working with either 1MB RAM or cart. (64k RAM is enough for the cart versions). Next came a bigger version by R0ger (approx. 4-8 MB) which was a fileversion that should best be loaded from a harddisk, but can be loaded via slow SIO (with or without ultraspeed/highspeed/turbospeed) as well. Loaded it very slowly (aka slow-motion, but successfully!) from a MyDOS image with SIO2PC... afaik, 64k RAM is still enough for this version.

Last year two more Bad Apple versions for the A8 were presented at the Silly Venture, one version (by JAC!) requires The!Cart (128MB flashcart for the gfx) *AND* a data recorder (for the audio sound via SIO Audio-in) and another version (by TeBe) that requires Rapidus (20Mhz, 16MB RAM) and most likely a harddisk (would take a bit too long to load from a data recorder, but maybe funny using a 20Mhz device with a data recorder). Both of these SV versions look very good at a show / presentation... but for home use I prefer Playsoft's and Roger's A8 versions (my personal opinion). There is also youtube, where one can watch hundreds of Bad Apple conversions on almost any platform... waiting for: Bad Apple on the chip of my credit card / identity card / health card... (but would not be surprised if such a thing already exists).

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Actually my version is 1MB exactly and it needs MaxFlash cartridge (or compatible solution). Yeah, I know I promised XEX version. I simply didn't manage to make it just yet. Shame I know.

Yeah, you are right. It was Pirx's ATASCII version of Bad Apple that had a length of approx. 6MB and should be loaded from harddisk, but it also loads from SIO in slow motion (tested it with SIO2SD and SIO2PC with and without ultraspeed). Pirx posted the ATASCII version in your thread, so I simply mis-remembered it...

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 1