IGNORED

Atari 1090XL

TGB1718

Just browsing some .atr's I had and found this, looks like it was something Atari were thinking about for the XL ?

It was more than just a thought by Atari...

post-6369-0-59051600-1552676621.jpg

Thanks, I did a search for 1090 and 1090XL, but nothing came up ?

Use the "Advanced" search; the regular search is usually useless. You get it by clicking on the gear icon to the far right of the regular-search box.

• Like 7

There are several product specifications documents that were done. The original design was to have 8 slots, with a Julie FIFO buffer box, an SIO card for 800 usage (not sure how that wouldve worked)

The 5 slot spec with Julie FIFO

then the final which was the production spec which was the 5 Slot with the Buffer in the 1090

http://www.atarimuseum.com/computers/8BITS/XL/xlperipherals/1090xl.html

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

I have posted up the first batch of mechanical and schematics for the 1090 XL Expansion board and for the 1066 64K card, Z80 CP/M card and the 80 column card:

These are all are original size, most of the sheets are 36" or more. I just reduced the dpi to 72 to make them more reasonable to download because at the 600dpi they were nearly 500mb's each...

http://www.atarimuseum.com/computers/8BITS/XL/xlperipherals/1090xl.html

• Like 10

Very cool. Thanks for posting these. Do you have the articled "Software Implementation of Parallel Device Handlers and Drivers" by

Rick Nordin.", mentioned in the description document you posted?

Lot more to follow, I have a lot of material for the 1090XL and the PBI coming... just got to Kinko's today to finish the last couple of scans and wanted to start posting some of this stuff up.

• Like 8

You should start doing tours Curt......Its simply stunning the stuff you have, as a life long Atarian I can only salute the hard work and time in collecting and collating all this, let alone kindly making it available for us lot to see..

I'd just wander around wherever you keep this kit with my jaw bouncing off the floor...

Much admiration and many thanks...

• Like 3