IGNORED

The Best 7800 video mod

Jinks

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=42

This and a 20 dollar crt. Plug and play no soldering. Light gun games work. Don't have to make 75 topics of svid mod woes.

If you have a flash of staic once in awhile with RF you can try and remember the 80s and realize your playing a game machine from the 80s. It might be nostalgic?

Support AA now and buy this great coupler! Makes a good stocking stuffer for that gamer in your life or maybe treat yourself?

:P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p

• Like 1

75 topics? Really? I personally don't have any s-video woes since getting rid of the LHE mod I originally had. Honestly, I understand the purists out there that feel these modifications might be more trouble then they are worth. But in my opinion and as far as I know, the opinions of those whose consoles I've personally modified, the s-video is a clear winner for using the 7800 on both CRTs and modern displays.

• Like 6

75 topics? Really? I personally don't have any s-video woes since getting rid of the LHE mod I originally had. Honestly, I understand the purists out there that feel these modifications might be more trouble then they are worth. But in my opinion and as far as I know, the opinions of those whose consoles I've personally modified, the s-video is a clear winner for using the 7800 on both CRTs and modern displays.

I agree, once it's installed, you never look back.

• 3 weeks later...

Another easy (and cheap) way to improve the video quality is to hook the console up to a VCR, using that little RF adapter plug. Use the video-in on the VCR, then run composite cables for the video out from the VCR to the TV. And, in theory, I suppose if you are lucky to have an S-VHS VCR you could do S-video out to the TV bumping up the quality even more.

• 2 weeks later...

It is cool that you guys help people fix the consoles and get them to sacrifice the colour blending but gain sharper graphics.

I think having a 2 in 1 console would be good.

My 600xl does composite and svideo also has a signal boost switch. The RF was too snowy and needed the mod done.

The 7800s I have are no problem with RF the only thing that bugs me is there is no white colour. SOTI for instance top bar is white red etc.

Games like galaga with rf crt setup to me looks amazing with the blurring effect when the bad guys move fast brings the nostalgia factor that video of today can not duplicate.