IGNORED

Turbo Basic XL for U1mb

dimfil

Hello friends!

I wonder if there is any version of Turbo Basic XL that I can flash in one of U1Mb basic slots and use it instead of Atari Basic. I did a little research but I could not find anything to be used.

I already checked info on AtariWiki but I have no clue which of this can be flashed in U1mb. A version that I found on atr file supposed to be working through SpartadosX just gives "garbage" on screen after loading.

Appreciate any help on this...

Edited by dimfil
  • Like 1

TBXL can be booted from floppy or ATR image with SDX disabled, or it can be run from the SDX command line with the X flag; (e.g., D1:X TB.COM). You get a bunch of flashing garbage on the screen during load, but you eventually end up at the READY prompt as you would expect. I haven't tested to see if everything works quite right but it seems okay at first blush.

• Like 4

Hello friends!

I wonder if there is any version of Turbo Basic XL that I can flash in one of U1Mb basic slots and use it instead of Atari Basic. I did a little research but I could not find anything to be used.

I already checked info on AtariWiki but I have no clue which of this can be flashed in U1mb. A version that I found on atr file supposed to be working through SpartadosX just gives "garbage" on screen after loading.

Appreciate any help on this...

Hi there, @dimfil,

Having recently looked into this with my own system, I can say that there is not a way to drop TurboBASIC into one of the slots (TurboBASIC is not within the 8K limitations, for example).

You should be able to use Version 1.5 with SpartaDOS X, although you will need to make certain your startup configuration files are set correctly, and for that I would refer you to Page 251 of the SpartaDOS X User Guide.

Version 1.5 will do this screen scrambling during load, and then bring you to the prompt once it's completed loading into your system. And like was noted above, you will load TurboBASIC with the X command.

--Tim

Edited by Timothy Kline
  • Like 2

Thank you all!

So it seems that for a U1Mb slot is finally a "no go"...

I will check all available options that you all mentioned.

Any advise from your experience on how it can be used to load/save files directly on cf spqrtadosx partitions instead of floppy?

• Like 1

Thank you all!

So it seems that for a U1Mb slot is finally a "no go"...

I will check all available options that you all mentioned.

Any advise from your experience on how it can be used to load/save files directly on cf spqrtadosx partitions instead of floppy?

Unless I'm mistaken, you will make the distinction while saving or loading files. For example, instead of "D1:filename.ext" you would specify the letter assigned to the respective SDX partition, dimfil, such as SAVE "D9:filename.ext" or SAVE "DI:filename.ext"

--Tim

Edited by Timothy Kline
  • Like 2