IGNORED

ECS Owners on AA, Identify Yourselves?

I just got one off eBay. Took a risk on one of the old worked when it was last used items. Everything seems to work great, except the volume dial which is very flaky, but using the new diagnostic cart I was able to balance the sound with the console. Above the half way point the sound cuts out entirely. I guess this an almost universal problem from what Ive read on the forum.

It looks like 9 people have identified themselves as having an ECS that they have, or would, plug in to play an ECS game. Slightly a few more people that have them as collectors items. Hmm. This probably should have been a survey.

I did a poll a few years ago. About 44% of intellivision players that responded have an ecs computer module, about 77% have an intellivoice. (Meant to mean the peripherals are in use)

It also showed that about 65% of intellivision owners that responded have an ecs computer whether they use it or not. And surprisingly, more than half have the music keyboard. About 93% own an intellivoice.

Edited by mr_me

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 grey ECS units (1 CIB, 1 NIB, 1 loose), and 1 brown (CIB).

I have 2 music keyboards (1 NIB, 1 loose). And I don’t like to call them ‘synthesizer’ keyboards because there’s nothing inside them that produces sounds!

Intellivoice units... not sure. Somewhere between 4 and 8 I think?

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

Edited by nurmix
  • Like 1

Great, so +1 more ECS owner. Thanks!

I have 3 grey ECS units (1 CIB, 1 NIB, 1 loose), and 1 brown (CIB).

I have 2 music keyboards (1 NIB, 1 loose). And I dont like to call them synthesizer keyboards because theres nothing inside them that produces sounds!

Intellivoice units... not sure. Somewhere between 4 and 8 I think?

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Inty 1 and 2, grey ECS, grey keyboard, grey piano keyboard (I hesitate to call it a synthesizer even if that is the name, isn't the extra sound chip in the ECS after all?), system changer, intellivoice. I would play games made for the ECS on it and I am working on building a museum where it would be on display and playable.

related to the museum bit, PM me if you'd be interested in donating or cheaply selling any brown ECS accessories.

I have a white ECS, a system changer and many Intellivoice units. I would love to have manuals (and, dare I dream... boxes?) for the ECS and system changer. Maybe some day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I think I have pretty much the same things as you do hardware wise.