IGNORED

Guess what's wrong ;)

emkay

"Guess what's wrong"

They need Mytek's V-Gate to mask off the garbage on both sides of the screen.

Seriously though, something to note: there are no objects passing by, and no vehicles either; but what there is looks great -- including the background scenery.

OK. No one gets it ;)

If people knew about, what the Atari is capable of, there would have been some "standing ovation" prior to 10 seconds would have passed of the demo.

The fluent animation AND the Car-Details, firstly shown 40 years after the Atari was released....

• Like 1

The fluent animation AND the Car-Details, firstly shown 40 years after the Atari was released....

Is it possible to keep these elements intact as-is and still turn this into a real playable game incorporating the ideas that Mr. Fish mentions?

OK. No one gets it ;)

If people knew about, what the Atari is capable of, there would have been some "standing ovation" prior to 10 seconds would have passed of the demo.

To be perfectly honest I doubt anyone would have fathomed that out from the question..

• Like 7

I never would have thought he was referring to their comments, and not what was actually showing. I didn't see anything "wrong."

He's like my 80 year-old mother in so many ways. One example; if you don't like to eat exactly what she likes, or your food prepared exactly as she likes it, "you're crazy." The entire world is crazy except for her, yet the reality is she is the only crazy one around here... :roll:

NO, mom, the rest of the world isn't crazy just because they don't like cream cheese on or in EVERYTHING! Or like when I do the shopping for her because she can't, all I can do is get what she has on the list, as listed. No, mom, I can't read your mind, if you have oatmeal on the list, I'm getting oatmeal, not berry and peaches and cream instant packets! If that's what you want RIGHT IT ON THE LIST SPECIFICALLY! :rolling: Mom: "but that's what you got the last time!" Me:"yes, because you had it specifically listed that way, this time it just said "oatmeal" so I figured you want regular oatmeal!" :dunce:

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I really wonder why you guys were Atari 8 bit users still today .

Instead of "yeah... I got the point, the way of coding hasn't been done before" , you again put the topic to some loose "me only know what me know" ... but that hasn't something to do with the Atari.

Someone, except me, knows what R0ger did to get that working on the Atari?

Edited by emkay

Instead of "yeah... I got the point, the way of coding hasn't been done before" , you again put the topic to some loose "me only know what me know" ... but that hasn't something to do with the Atari.

Hmm, let me see. A 7 frame car animation is scrolled from left to right and back again on top of a waving PMG road, creating the illusion of a driving and turning car.

Nice effect BTW!

Edited by ivop

Hmm, let me see. A 7 frame car animation is scrolled from left to right and back again on top of a waving PMG road, creating the illusion of a driving and turning car.

Nice effect BTW!

That's what it is . But my request was more belonging to answer the question by them who don't read, just write ;)

• Like 3

... and, well, it's the only way to get such games done. Nice to have that working demo now. Much thanks to R0ger, again.

But wait - normally when we get to this stage of working demo, you come on and say finishing it is not possible. Why release demos with no game to follow. You just give people false hope. I don't get the dichotomy.

• Like 3