IGNORED

The "Road" demo

R0ger

ah in emulation... that's a nightmare.... by the time you see it, the computer registers you already hit it... the game is seriously quick and floaty on the real deal... I just tried the emulation route... my lord it keeps going a bit before coming back to the way you want to go, that is a sloshy, floaty, laggy death....

I wonder how much oomph it would take to build a wintel or linux box to get the delay down to next to nothing...and what monitor combo to go with it to keep it that way.... It's got to be able to happen by now that there wouldn't be such issues.... wonder what it would cost?

suspicious milk has the same experience I have, he levels in the 20's w/ emu and level 30+ on the real deal defending our humans...

Edited by _The Doctor__

Hello R0ger

Well let's say I didn't give up on driving game. Not using this approach, not any time soon. But I'm still thinking about it.

Please consider using the Multilink or MIDI interface to link computers together. Racing against the computer is nice, but racing against the guy or girl next to you is even nicer. And we need more Multilink and MIDI interface games.

Sincerely

Mathy

• 11 months later...