IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 12 Round 5 - Koffi: Yellow Kopter

DamonicFury

Congratulations to Cafeman for putting out the most of Pyros fires once again. But mega kudos to eegt97 for sticking with this difficult (but fun!) game and improving up to a strong 2nd place!

Vanguard is up next.

Final standings:

Cafeman - 87,260 - 11 +1 (RECORD BREAKER!) + 1 (Easter egg) = 13

eegt97 - 46,340 - 10 + 1 (Easter egg) = 11

roadrunner - 7,575 - 9

jblenkle - 6,380 - 8

bemis - 4,410 - 7

Abel MVada - 3,905 - 6

Mangia-Boy - 2,655 - 5

Congratulations to Cafeman for putting out the most of Pyros fires once again. But mega kudos to eegt97 for sticking with this difficult (but fun!) game and improving up to a strong 2nd place!

Thanks from me too, it's always nice to see others trying out the game. Hard to believe Koffi is already 17 years old.

I made the easy difficulty after after seeing that nobody could finish more than a couple levels! However, my motto is, "an easy game is a boring game", so I prefer to play on Normal and Hard. I think I have learned a bit about game difficulty settings though, if I ever made a sequel for example, I'd make it so you didn't have to hit Pyro quite as many times, and hitting the fire would not kill you but merely take some water away. That would make the game less frustrating, especially if using 5200 CX52 controllers!

Cheers.

• Like 1

Oooh! Is that something you've seriously considered?

Yep. I have notes and screen mockups I've accumulated over the years. New wrinkles to the putting-out-fires and animal-saving, tweaked collision rules, more score opportunities to earn like 2X points, new screen ideas and multicolor fires, and 2 player simultaneous gameplay were all in the plans. But it's hard to find the time and energy to code homebrew games so I still have not messed with it much unfortunately.

• Like 2

Yep. I have notes and screen mockups I've accumulated over the years. New wrinkles to the putting-out-fires and animal-saving, tweaked collision rules, more score opportunities to earn like 2X points, new screen ideas and multicolor fires, and 2 player simultaneous gameplay were all in the plans. But it's hard to find the time and energy to code homebrew games so I still have not messed with it much unfortunately.

I do understand that coding Atari games is a difficult and enormously time-consuming process. You should be very proud that you've created two excellent homebrews!

Should you every find the time and desire for a Koffi sequel, I'm sure it would be excellent and I would certainly be getting a copy!

• Like 2