IGNORED

Barnyard Blaster Review... That is an interesting one. :)

gorfcadet

I played it and reviewed it; I literally spend hours with it. I still don't know what I think of it. What do y'all think of it?

It feels like it should be on an Atari version of Action 52 instead of its own cart. It just doesn't seem like it should be its own release; like it would have been ok if it were on a multicart of some kind.

• Like 3

I tend to think of BB as an incredibly boring kiddie game of sorts. Another one that could have been so much more with just a few tweaks, but sadly isn't and probably never will be due to a lack of interest by hackers and homebrewers.

-edit-

NM, that's right... Crossbow can be played with a light gun. Too bad Crack'd doesn't. :(

• Like 1

Your review makes me feel better about the fact that my Barnyard Blaster cart has only been in the slot one time, since I don't have a light-gun.

It would be nice to be able to play Crossbow with light-gun though. It's probably been more than 20 years now since I last played the Crossbow arcade machine.

• Like 1

Crossbow can be played with a light gun...

If you have one plugged in, then you pull the trigger to start the game in light gun mode. I actually prefer Crossbow with a standard controller to be honest though. I'm able to line up my shots along straight lines across the screen much easier that way.

• Like 3

What else did the A8 version have to it? Any significant changes?

Nope. It’s a look/playalike, much like Xenophobe and Jinks on the 7800 and XE. Sounds are marginally better than the 7800 port, and I like the A8 colour pallette more, but you get the feeling that MARIA could have handled so much more, and that little was done to take advantage of the more advanced gfx hardware.

• Like 1