RickyDean

MRS CP/M OS for Foundation Z80 Card

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

The cpm disks?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

No the first disk posted in #12 was the terminal emulator to talk to the Z80 card with the ti. The same files are in each disk images- different formats. The later posted disks are the mrs files the foundation uses to boot and read cpm stuff, these sre images that I tried to recover and if you look into them with a tool there is data on those disk, but you stated these wouldn't open in the kaypro II emulator in Mame, so I don't know if their going to be usable for our needs or not, don't know if they can be edited to be turned into usable images. The OS for the foundation is MRS as stated in the manual.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 8:44 PM, RickyDean said:

I used what appears to be a very good teac drive and was able to image the disk, that needs to be run from the ti to communicate with the Z80 card. Am loading that disk to Atariage now. The cpm disks will hopefully be posted in the next day or two. I have placed it in track image, sector image, and in image. It would be the initial disk, I believe.

FMASTER Z80 .dtk 254.14 kB · 9 downloads FMASTER Z80.dsk 180 kB · 10 downloads FMASTER Z80.hfe 981 kB · 9 downloads

So this is just fastterm.. not even a vt100 emulation is it?

Greg

Don't know, haven't delved into this stuff yet. It is the ti side software to communicate with the Z80 card, that came with the software package I have. You may be able to use other terminal emulators to do the same thing.

35 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

Don't know, haven't delved into this stuff yet. It is the ti side software to communicate with the Z80 card, that came with the software package I have. You may be able to use other terminal emulators to do the same thing.

Yeah Telco would be a better choice as it can actually do the vt100 emulation cpm would want