IGNORED

pc gameport adapters

bohoki

i know this is not the right forum to be selling but i know you guys let me slide

i want to let you all know i am working on a batch its going to take me some time just hang in there.

i got all the parts rounded up i dont have anymore of the little pushbuttons i use for a start but i have 10 clicky buttons from mice i'll use.

at least 5 are spoken for and i'm making 10 i'll contact all you that emailed me when they are done.

they will be $13 shipped anywhere in the usa

SwscQl7.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

the ibm/apple one may work with the adapter but they are very old and their potentiometers are probably very worn and dirty

ive had much trouble with the plug ends i got 2 females that solder just doesnt stick to the contacts so i only made 9 so there is not any available for people who were not waiting

i will not be making any more untill i find better quality plug ends

the ibm/apple one may work with the adapter but they are very old and their potentiometers are probably very worn and dirty

ive had much trouble with the plug ends i got 2 females that solder just doesnt stick to the contacts so i only made 9 so there is not any available for people who were not waiting

i will not be making any more untill i find better quality plug ends

You already sold me one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if anyone wants to make their own with an extension cable and 2 breakout boards

the reason i use a jumper between pins 4 and 5 is i found some kraft joysticks used pin 5

also if you want to use buttons 3 and 4 of a pc joystick those are pins 10 and 14 of the joystick so you could run a wire from them to 5200 pins 14,13

0IVOXb7.jpg

Edited by bohoki

• 2 weeks later...

i just do not have confidence in the blue plugs from china there may be good ones and bad ones but its impossible to know until they arrive

the problems i run into is sometimes the solder cups are not well tinned and solder just wont stick

another problem is the holes on the female side are a bit too small for the 5200 pins and can break them off when you pull the plug out

another problem is the little contacts inside can be oxidized (super random) and not make a good connection

the male pins seem to not have locking bulges and can push right out the back

the last good ones i made were those silver housing ones i found someone with some old stock plugs

its super annoying to go through all the work then find a bunch that have problems sure i run into a couple where i put the wrong wire somewhere but when it fails and i did nothing wrong its just not worth it i try to keep the costs low but having to deal with just one return repair and resend puts me in the red

also 5200 is not my favorite system i'm a commodore 64 guy

if anyone wants to make their own with an extension cable and 2 breakout boards

the reason i use a jumper between pins 4 and 5 is i found some kraft joysticks used pin 5

also if you want to use buttons 3 and 4 of a pc joystick those are pins 10 and 14 of the joystick so you could run a wire from them to 5200 pins 14,13

If you don't like the idea of trashing the cord ends of an extension cord or you think the wires are too thin, there is this as well (18 guage vs 24)

https://www.amazon.com/VOODOO-Conductor-Speaker-Trailer-Stranded/dp/B07JR4Q7CY/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

I'm not sure where bohoki gets the cord he uses or how many different colors there wires are. Some electronics cords on ebay/amazon with nine wires come with pairs of wires the same color, which kind of defeats the purpose.

with the breakout boards you should not have to cut into an extension cord but it must be one of the extension cords that have the plastic ends not metal clad cause the metal shielding put the contacts out of reach for the 5200

you can see in my above pics i just use old solid wire eithernet cord i got when a school near me demolished a temporary solid wire is easy to strip and solder but is more fragile and subject to flex breaking

i wish i stuck to a standard but all my batches have different colors to the contacts i used to try to keep the orange be the +5 and the green be the button ground but i gave up and just do my batches however i make the first one by having 8 wires it allowed me to run the 2 unused to the start button which i always left the brown and white brown