IGNORED

Geneve BUS Mouse Adapter

Shift838

I'm going to be making some mouse adapters that will take a standard 9 pin bus mouse (mini din) and convert it to a 9 pin dsub for the Geneve Mouse.

It will also allow you to select Right or Left handed with a dipswitch.

Attached is a PCB preview.

Who's interested ?

post-35187-0-27797000-1552949416.jpg

• Like 3

I'm not sure there is merit to doing this but what if you added a second DB9 connector to break out the joystick ports and the mouse port. If you wanted plug the adapter directly into the Geneve, that might give enough stability to make it worthwhile as another option.

i actually was thinking of this as well, i would have to get the measurements dead on of course so the connectors align up. I even thought we could make breakout the 2 joysticks into Atari connections, but I don't there there would be enough space to do that.

Me personally, and my setup, I would probably prefer just to see foot long cables coming off the Geneve to an adapter board versus securing the board to the end of the Geneve. I think this will more likely keep the Geneve stable in the PEBox as I can secure the adapter board to the side of the PEBox facing out front.

Assuming the board is not secured to the Geneve, please plan on having a box either included or recommended that would secure things. I hate having any boards with open circuits where something could come in contact with them such as cats, etc.

Beery

Me personally, and my setup, I would probably prefer just to see foot long cables coming off the Geneve to an adapter board versus securing the board to the end of the Geneve. I think this will more likely keep the Geneve stable in the PEBox as I can secure the adapter board to the side of the PEBox facing out front.

Definitely a good point if your Geneve is not in a case or not in a PEB with the cover installed - Myarc cards tend to rock in the connector. The cable solution also may work better for those who have placed a PEB cage into a PC tower.

• Like 1

Assuming the board is not secured to the Geneve, please plan on having a box either included or recommended that would secure things. I hate having any boards with open circuits where something could come in contact with them such as cats, etc.

Beery

Very good points Barry! I think the best solution is to have it with a cable coming from the geneve to the board. I plan on designing the board to fit in a standard hammond project box (model to be determined).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ran into a an issue. It seems that the bus mouse I have one of the axis is screwed up. although it is hooked up it will not move. my vertical axis works fine, but the horizontal is dead on the mouse. I need to find a new mouse or work on a different solution for a more readily available mouse like PS/2 or USB.

I ran into a an issue. It seems that the bus mouse I have one of the axis is screwed up. although it is hooked up it will not move. my vertical axis works fine, but the horizontal is dead on the mouse. I need to find a new mouse or work on a different solution for a more readily available mouse like PS/2 or USB.

or use the pinout the mice i have a bunch of :) and that you have one