IGNORED

Antic Digispec

Anyone have a copy of this?

Digispec Works with your Computereyes digitizer to capture 512-color images from a video camera or VCR. Then it displays the image on your color monitor and lets you adjust the color balance, brightness and contrast before you save it to disk in Spectrum 512 format. On top of 512 pure colors, Digispec's dithering capabilities bring the number of simulated colors to 24,389. And the program is compatible with Amiga 1FF files and CompuServe GIF files. You can view any Amiga picture, even a 4,096-color Hold-and-Modify mode picture, and convert it to Spectrum 512 format, then touch it up in Spectrum 512.

• 1 year later...

Cheers for the effort, but sadly it appears unreadable. Quite a few sectors including the directory sectors contain "SORRY, THIS SECTOR CANNOT BE READ FROM FLOPPY DISK BY ST RECOVER."

Edited by lp060

• 2 years later...

I had this setup with my old 520st, back in the day, it worked really well. It wasn't until I realized that when converting to 512 colors you can press space to switch back to 16 color mode on the screen and the rest of the image will render faster. the early reveal while processing was just so if you thought it was going to turn out like shit you could abort and try again.

• Like 1

I'm not quite coming to grips with this program. I might just be misunderstanding

it's intended purpose?

I downloaded it and set it up on my Mega STe. I ran it from low res and attempted

to load 1 of 3 different JPG pictures I had transferred over from my Kubuntu Linux

laptop. They are not terribly large - anywhere from 100k to 200k or so...

Regardless, it always pops up a message saying that the pictures are an

"incompatible format".

Thanks.

4 hours ago, DarkLord said:

I'm not quite coming to grips with this program. I might just be misunderstanding

it's intended purpose?

I downloaded it and set it up on my Mega STe. I ran it from low res and attempted

to load 1 of 3 different JPG pictures I had transferred over from my Kubuntu Linux

laptop. They are not terribly large - anywhere from 100k to 200k or so...

Regardless, it always pops up a message saying that the pictures are an

"incompatible format".

Thanks.

I'm fairly certain it won't load jpg. I don't think we'd even heard of that format back then.

Try gifs or iff. I'm sure it loaded those up. 

As I mentioned in the other thread I mostly used the desk accessory that came with it that let you integrate degas elite with spectrum512.