IGNORED

Konami collections announced

Razzie.P

Im having a hell of a time with the button configuration. I hope they add remappable controls soon.

Which game(s) are giving you fits? I was fine with 1 and 2, since they're the same as the NES versision (A to jump and B to whip) But I had to remap the buttons when I started playing 4. Not sure it it's the same as the SNES layout, but my muscle memory wasn't having it since the jump and whip are different from the NES games.

I don't think I'd like that on the Switch for NES games. A Y/B option is needed, so hopefully the patch includes reconfigurable controls.

What's NES B/A mapped to on the Xbox One and Playstation 4? Hoping it's X/A for the XB1 and Square/X over on PS4.

Edited by Atariboy

The full Contra Anniversary Collection lineup:

Contra (Arcade)
Super Contra (Arcade)
Super C (NES)
Contra III: The Alien Wars (SNES)
Contra: Hard Corps (Sega Genesis)
Contra (NES)
Contra (Famicom)
Operation C (Game Boy)
Probotector (Sega Mega Drive)
Super Probotector: Alien Rebels (SNES)

Also includes the Japanese versions (via free update) of:

Contra (Arcade)
Super Contra (Arcade) – known as Super Contra: Alien No Gyakushu in Japan
Super C – known as Super Contra in Japan
Contra III: The Alien Wars – known as Contra Spirits in Japan
Operation C – known as Contra in Japan
Contra: Hard Corps – known as Contra: The Hard Corps in Japan

Edited by malrak
  • Like 1

that's pretty cool! I'm not a huge huge Contra fan but that seems like a good package. :)

I kind of vainly wish they could get the rights/etc to put TMNT: Arcade, TMNT: Turtles in Time, and Simpsons: Arcade on the Switch with couch co-op like the Capcom beat-em-up set.

Nice to see NES Contra escape the vault again and the regional variations, including even the modified PAL versions, is a great bonus. But by my count, I only seem to see seven games here?

• Contra - Arcade (US/JAP)
  • Super Contra - Arcade (US/JAP)
  • Contra - NES/FAMICOM (US/JAP)
  • Super C - NES/FAMICOM (US/JAP)
  • Contra III (US/JAP/EURO)
  • Contra Hard Corps (US/JAP/EURO)
  • Operation C (US/JAP)

A bit curious. While I wouldn't say I'm sad not to see Contra 4 since I never thought it was a realistic hope even though it would've been great to see, I'm surprised not to see the 2nd Game Boy game that was an adaptation of the SNES game to bring us up to 8 games. Heck, there's even Contra Force, although opinions are very much mixed about that one unlike the popular pair on the NES.

And while I wouldn't make book on it, it's getting me hopes up ever so slightly for a HD collection of M2's Konami 'Rebirth' games to see M2's own Contra Rebirth absent here just as Castlevania Rebirth was. Those three paired perhaps with the unreleased Jackal Rebirth would make a nice little collection, so hopefully it's not here for a very good reason. :)

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...

Judging by posts, the Castlevania Collection patch has been released on at least one platform. The Japanese roms are now selectable, button remapping has been implemented, and it sounds like the rom revision for the original Castlevania possibly has been changed.

• Like 1