IGNORED

An Atari Mania Question.

DavidMil

Not sure if this is where I should ask this question or not, but it does pertain to 8 bit game Doc's so...

On the Atari Mania sight in the 8 bit games section, I can't get to the doc's pages that are to the right of the 5

or 6 pages that are shown for each game. Does anyone know how to get to those pages? I sent several

PM's and posted some general help questions but that forum is about dead. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DavidMil

There are left and right arrows, just to the left of the X, at the bottom, right hand side of the display window that opens to show the pages. Click on those to scroll through the various pages.

I don't seem to have an X nor any arrows anywhere on my screen. Specifically I'm looking at the Doc's for, 'The Halley Project'.

David

I don't seem to have an X nor any arrows anywhere on my screen. Specifically I'm looking at the Doc's for, 'The Halley Project'.

David

The arrows are right there at the bottom right of the window that opens up to display the page after you click on one of them. Check out the screenshots I attached below.

If you don't see the arrows and the X at the bottom right of the display window, then I guess I'd question what browser you're using and if it's up-to-date.

post-39087-0-20748700-1553142573_thumb.jpg

post-39087-0-08013600-1553142587_thumb.jpg

The arrows are right there at the bottom right of the window that opens up to display the page after you click on one of them. Check out the screenshots I attached below.

If you don't see the arrows and the X at the bottom right of the display window, then I guess I'd question what browser you're using and if it's up-to-date.

Here is what I get for the same pages:

post-47264-0-77771200-1553146918_thumb.gif

post-47264-0-55154200-1553146930_thumb.gif

A work around for your problem is to right click on the image you want to load (so before you open it) and select "Open link in new tab". A new tab in your browser will open with the picture you selected in full size. In the url "..../hi_res/halley_project_i_2.jpg" increase the number to get the next page.

(I am Dutch so I translated the "Open link in a new tab" from the Dutch version of Windows 10, so in English this option can be named slightly differently).

Edit: I see now that not all pages are shown in your browser. What browser and OS are you using? I use Chrome and Windows 10.

Edited by Fred_M

I'm running Windows 7 Pro and IE 11.0.9. Opening by right clicking on them. Interesting idea Fred_M. I'll try that. My screen browser is not running in full screen,

But for some reason it just opens the individual pages in the whole available screen area.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro and IE 11.0.9. Opening by right clicking on them. Interesting idea Fred_M. I'll try that. My screen browser is not running in full screen,

But for some reason it just opens the individual pages in the whole available screen area.

You may want to update your browser, but I still don't think that's causing your issue. Part of your problem is you're right-clicking and opening each page. You're supposed to left-click on the page you want to open. That opens another smaller window, showing a larger version of the page you want to view. That window is the one you saw on my screen that had the arrows on it. From those you can scroll through the pages as you wish.

Well, I tried Internet Explorer 11 and YES that IS your problem. I see the pages exactly like you do. And @bfollowell: the document opens really in another window in Windows Explorer... DavidMil is not right-clicking ;)

So when you want to see the pages correctly, you will have to change browser. Chrome, Edge and Firefox all work fine.

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 1

DavidMil is not right-clicking ;)

OK, thanks for clarifying. I was just going off of what he had just said in the post just before my reply, when he said he was opening by right-clicking on the page images.

For what it's worth, Microsoft Edge, the successor to IE, crappy though it is, displays the pages just fine, and brings up the window like I showed in an earlier post. It is beyond me why anyone would choose to use either of those two browsers though, but that's another issue altogether.

Either way, I'm glad you were able to figure it out.

Well, I tried Internet Explorer 11 and YES that IS your problem. I see the pages exactly like you do. And @bfollowell: the document opens really in another window in Windows Explorer... DavidMil is not right-clicking ;)

So when you want to see the pages correctly, you will have to change browser. Chrome, Edge and Firefox all work fine.

Actually I am right clicking because I'm left handed and my mouse buttons are reversed. But I want to thank you because your suggestion to use

the url for each page worked beautifully. I got all 23 pages one at a time, so once again thank you Fred_M for the suggestion!

DavidMil

Why not upgrade your browser DavidMil? I only tested the page of the Halley project. Maybe there are more pages on atarimania that are not displayed correctly with Internet Explorer.

I'm not much for staying current... My old style flip phone doesn't even text! It cost me a whole $30.00 new, and I'm paying $15.00 a month for phone service.

We still get the newspaper every day, and I've just about run out of the mass of incandescent light bulbs I bought at the last second to keep from buying energy

saving bulbs. So yes, I admit it, I am a tiny bit old fashion.

DavidMil

I'm not much for staying current... My old style flip phone doesn't even text! It cost me a whole $30.00 new, and I'm paying $15.00 a month for phone service.

We still get the newspaper every day, and I've just about run out of the mass of incandescent light bulbs I bought at the last second to keep from buying energy

saving bulbs. So yes, I admit it, I am a tiny bit old fashion.

DavidMil

Well, you ARE using Atari computers. :) But yea, you might want to try another browser even if it's older. I never had this issue with Firefox, Opera or Safari, even ten years ago. It might be some weird Explorer thing, as Fred_M said.

Allan

P.S. I am trying to get a hold of Halley Project manual to re-scan for Atarimania.