IGNORED

Disney is reviving Lucasfilm Games?

zzip

He approved of the prequels. Jar Jar Binks... nuff said

He also approved of The Clone Wars, considered by many to be the best Star Wars animated series ever made. I guess it helps he paid out of his own wallet to fund it. I'd say it's lose some and win some with Lucas.

• Like 2

https://rectifygaming.com/is-lucasarts-games-coming-back-not-really/

Following this news, many other outlets jumped on the report of the previous license holder for publishing Star Wars titles will be making a comeback. Kotaku’s Jason Schreier shared that this is in fact “fake news”, and that Lucasfilm Games is an internal studio that works alongside EA for recent and upcoming Star Wars titles.

This is, quite literally, fake news. Lucasfilm Games is the team at Lucasfilm that's been working with EA on Star Wars games for years now! LucasArts ain't back, guys https://t.co/w2CbcGw25I

— Jason Schreier (@jasonschreier) March 20, 2019

In result from the debunking of the recent report, Lucasfilm Games shed some light on the matter with PCGamer that the studio was founded shortly after the closure of LucasArts Games and works primarily with third-party developers using the license, repeating what Schreier stated before in an update on the article.

• 1 month later...

Other than the fact that it needs a lot of work on the play side of it, that is stunningly impressive. The turning needs a bit of work or the physics in play around it, but even more so the AI on it is a perfectly flying brutal nightmare even on easy watching that clip play. If you mess up flying much at all or crash once it's a guaranteed 2nd place which isn't cool. Disney surely will kill it, which sucks, as i'd love to see that project to completion with all the stages and characters/pods in play.

At least you can kind of get it a bit prettier than N64 getting the game off GoG as it's been there for like six months now, and in another 20min it will be May the 4th Be With You and all that, so it's on sale as are other SW titles.

Other than the fact that it needs a lot of work on the play side of it, that is stunningly impressive. The turning needs a bit of work or the physics in play around it, but even more so the AI on it is a perfectly flying brutal nightmare even on easy watching that clip play. If you mess up flying much at all or crash once it's a guaranteed 2nd place which isn't cool. Disney surely will kill it, which sucks, as i'd love to see that project to completion with all the stages and characters/pods in play.

At least you can kind of get it a bit prettier than N64 getting the game off GoG as it's been there for like six months now, and in another 20min it will be May the 4th Be With You and all that, so it's on sale as are other SW titles.

Yeah I got it on GOG last night for $5. Now hopefully it will work with a PS4 controller.