IGNORED

magazine ad - Do you see any games previously unknown listed ?

fabman99

Never released:

Atari:

Fox Bat

Frog Pond

AirWorld

Parker:

Jaws

Wizard:

Flesh Gordon

Coleco:

Turbo

Venture

Lady Bug

US Games:

Missile Intercept

Darts

Data Age:

Survival Run

Apollo:

Kyphus

Pompeï

Squoosh

CommaVid:

Underworld

8)

Very interesting that many of those listed eventually turned up in some form or another though.

The Astrocade and Arcadia sections were very enlightening! Anyone else see that Astrocade light pen?

Notice on the Arcadia how it confirms that Funky Fish and Pleiades were indeed available for purchase back in the day?

Hang on now, thats not a confirmation of availability, these same ads ran during the NES days, where they listed games that they didnt yet have or were never even made.

• Like 2

Hang on now, thats not a confirmation of availability, these same ads ran during the NES days, where they listed games that they didnt yet have or were never even made.

Good point, and yet those 2 are listed among several other titles known for their great rarity. I still have to consider the possibility that they did see some sort of release, even if very few copies were ever purchased. This ad is strong evidence that Funky Fish and Pleiades really did see US Arcadia releases.

I dont know about strong evidence. It also lists the ZGRASS add under for the Astrocade and that never came out.

That ad isn't ironclad evidence, no. But it is the strongest evidence yet that those two could have been released. It's also the first direct ad from back in the day where they were at least offered for sale, and that's more than I'd previously seen. I guess the real question is what would have happened if somebody tried to order either Funky Fish or Pleiades, or both.

Some of the other stuff, like the ZGRASS as you indicate, we can be more certain of. The Arcadia just isn't as well documented as the Astrocade.

That ad isn't ironclad evidence, no. But it is the strongest evidence yet that those two could have been released. It's also the first direct ad from back in the day where they were at least offered for sale, and that's more than I'd previously seen. I guess the real question is what would have happened if somebody tried to order either Funky Fish or Pleiades, or both.

Some of the other stuff, like the ZGRASS as you indicate, we can be more certain of. The Arcadia just isn't as well documented as the Astrocade.

Don't want to burst your bubble but chances are they never came out or if they did they were under a different name. Years ago I saw three Imagic titles advertised Zone, Scuba and Demon Attack II supposedly coming soon back in 1982 and out of the three Zone became Quickstep, Scuba became Fathom and Demon Attack II was never created.

Don't want to burst your bubble but chances are they never came out or if they did they were under a different name. Years ago I saw three Imagic titles advertised Zone, Scuba and Demon Attack II supposedly coming soon back in 1982 and out of the three Zone became Quickstep, Scuba became Fathom and Demon Attack II was never created.

We really don't know for sure, either way. Short of a store receipt or documentation from Emerson or UA, Ltd turning up we may never know with real certainty. There is enough circumstantial evidence, this ad included, that the possibility cannot be ruled out. It can't (as of yet) be confirmed, but still has to be considered.

As for a different name, the names are fairly (hough not always) consistent across the different Arcadia clones. Usually it is only the system name that is different on the packaging, and that reminds me of one possibility: Leisurevision. Leisurevision did see a few releases in Canada that the US Arcadia didn't, and I've always wondered if a few of the Canadian versions ever found their way onto US store shelves or wholesale outfit catalogs such as the above. The Leisurevision titles do seem to turn up on Ebay from US sellers just enough times to make me wonder.

Edited by Blazing Lazers

• 4 months later...

Found this ad interesting, did not know they were going to make an all in one console.

Also in some ads for game sales in Electronic Fun (which is where this ad came from) showed a U.S. Games Named Bakery for sale, was this just an early name for Piece O cake,

an Atari 2600 Real Sports Driving game and an M Network game called High Seas ???

IMG_3982.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 8/5/2019 at 4:04 PM, fabman99 said:

Also in some ads for game sales in Electronic Fun (which is where this ad came from) showed a U.S. Games Named Bakery for sale, was this just an early name for Piece O cake,

an Atari 2600 Real Sports Driving game and an M Network game called High Seas ???

Bakery is definitely Piece O' Cake.  Some have associated RealSports Driving with Pole Position but I'm not too sure about that connection.  High Seas was the working title for Sea Battle, which of course has been found and was released on cartridge by AA.

The Ultravision system was a cool concept but undoubtedly way too ambitious.  I'd still love to see a prototype unit of that one turn up.