IGNORED

A ROACH IN SPACE

vhzc

Hi Guys

###############UPDATE

A roach in Space RC2

AroachInSpaceRC2.bin

I think I polished the mechanics and corrected all the bug, but I have only tested it in Stella and Flashback portable so:

bitmap.thumb.png.6d8963b47e8fde6ac4e3df6f7c556a13.png

###############UPDATE

A roach in Space (release candidate)

AroachInSpace-RC1.bin

The game is finished and if not bugs are found after testing this will be the final version, so I would appreciate any testing.

###############UPDATE

I wanted to keep the game in 16k, but I ran out of space for a feature that I really wanted to add, so I moved to 32k, that means that I have a lot of extra space now and it would be a shame leave it unused.

So I know I said that this would be the final version, but now I changed my plans and I will more waves/patterns and features.

But in the meantime there is a new beta:

A week or so ago I started to program a space shooter for the 2600 and today I am releasing the first beta.

Its name is "A ROACH IN SPACE" and you control a stranded roach trying to come back to the earth.

I have tested it in Stella an Z26, but I have no means to test it in actual hardware, so it would be really cool if somebody could test it in Harmony o similar.

I am open to critics and suggestions.

aroachinspace-0.5.bin <- ALMOST FINAL! More waves, different sprites for each boss, POWER UPS! Two modes: Normal and Hard. Please test it and comment.

aroachinspace-0.4.bin <- Big Update, lot of tweak and new content.

Aroachinspace-0.3.bin <- Big Update, lot of tweak and new content.

aroachinspace-0.2.1.bin <-- LIttle update

aroachinspace-0.2.bin NEW BETA More enemy waves/patterns and more sprites.

aroachinspace-0.1.2.bin <--Corrects "top row bug" (Thanks Random Terrain for the advice) and tweaks some patterns.

aroachinspace-0.1.1.bin

******** I updated the download link. This version (0.1.1) should correct a couple of bugs that were reported

aroachinspace-0.1.bin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlXBoYW0dJE

aroachinspace-0.1.png

Edited by vhzc
Update, added new files.
  • Like 8

Very nice animations and difficulty progression.

Quickly got to the point I cannot use “phone touch screen control” :)

Already uses different sizes and copies (triple) of enemy Player objects.

Suggestions? Use lots of colors because the 2600 has them.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to break the game into stages and have a boss at the end of every stage? Even if it were the same boss it would still break things up. Also, possibly having a way to replenish your health?

Again, I have not progressed too far so some of these things may already be in the game. If they are please disregard.

Just my two cents.

-Brian

• Like 1

Would it be possible to break the game into stages and have a boss at the end of every stage? Even if it were the same boss it would still break things up. Also, possibly having a way to replenish your health?

Again, I have not progressed too far so some of these things may already be in the game. If they are please disregard.

Just my two cents.

-Brian

Hi.

That is in fact the structure of the game: some patterns and then a boss. Being a first beta for now there is only one boss, I will adding patterns/bosses after all the basic functionalities are tested.

We'll be featuring A Roach in Space LIVE on tomorrow's (Wednesday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 7PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: http://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:

- Tower of Rubble (2019 WIP Update) by Dion Olsthoorn aka Dionoid
- Penult (2019 WIP) by Karl Garrison aka Karl G
- One on One (2019 WIP) by Edward Smith aka easmith
- A Roach In Space (2019 WIP) by John Von Neumann aka Vhzc

[EDIT] UPDATED WITH ARCHIVED SHOW:

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1