IGNORED

GONE: Whole bunch of 4:3 LCD SVGA monitors

OLD CS1

Our division is surplussing a whole bunch of various Dell model 4:3 monitors, ranging from a few 15" to 19", might even have a 20" or two once the inventory is completed.

I am testing every one of them on SVGA with my TI-99/4A and F18A.

I am asking $10 each, or $5 each for more than four, plus packaging and shipping, for which I have not yet determined pricing but will once people express interest. If you are local to me we can work out a pick-up.

Right now I have about 20 a dozen (some reserved) but will be inspecting up to about 50 more as I can fit them into my office.

I only have about a week before they get snatched out from under me, so please let me know in this thread or PM if you are interested. Pictures of the first available models will be posted this afternoon.

Currently available

Qty Model Inputs 15kHz
2 1708FPb VD N
5 1908FPc/b VD N
1 E171FP V N
2 1908FPt VD N
1 1901FP VD N
1 2005FPW VDCS N
1 2407WFPb VDCSP N

49 1908FPb/c/f VD N (optional stand)

1 2009Wt VD N (optional stand)

3 1907FPf VD N (optional stand)

2 1800FP VD N (optional stand)

2 1708FPf VD N (optional stand)

4 1704FPtt VD N (optional stand)

(Optional stands are Dell stands, though not the originals which came with the units.)

Inputs: V=SVGA, D=DVI-D, C=CVBS/Composite, S=S-Video, P=Component (PrPbY)

Models with "W" are wide-screen.

Edited by OLD CS1
  • Like 3

Do you know if any of them are the 2001FP model that scans to 15khz?

I have the same question. If the answer is yes and if these monitors are in good condition then I'm definitely interested! I have a 2007FP and it's a very nice display. It's only drawback is the lack of support for 15 kHz refresh rates.

Thanks for this! :)

I do not expect to have any composite-capable monitors as this is not the kind of environment.

Now, I could be surprised as there are between 50 and 70 more for me to inspect, and those might include some of the 2000-series, so I will keep this updated. Being those are more special I will prioritize recovering those models.

As for the SVGA, it only just occurred to me to test with the Amiga's 15kHz output -- I will test that either today or tomorrow.

Also, I am including SVGA and power cables unless requested otherwise (since I am certain a lot of us have tons of both laying around.)

• Like 1

I bought my 2007FP to use it's S-Video input with my 130XE. Sadly, the internal conversion in the monitor is really, really bad. I ran the S-Video from my 130XE into my Framemeister and the picture is much, much, much cleaner. Maybe I just have a bad unit? It's possible.

I'm way more interested in this awesome opportunity for the 15 kHz input capability.

I bought my 2007FP to use it's S-Video input with my 130XE. Sadly, the internal conversion in the monitor is really, really bad. I ran the S-Video from my 130XE into my Framemeister and the picture is much, much, much cleaner. Maybe I just have a bad unit? It's possible.

I'm way more interested in this awesome opportunity for the 15 kHz input capability.

I use this exact model with an OSSC. Handles Line 5x mode perfectly.

I agree the s-video processing is subpar (I run it through an Extron upscaler now)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, I found the some of these 20xx and 21xx monitors do composite better than S-Video, some the other way around. Been hit-or-miss. But, irrespective of which works better, all of them have handled the "240p" input as 480i, which means tearing.

Here are pics of the representative models. Amiga 1200 15kHz test coming in a couple of hours...

post-27864-0-38047400-1553459755_thumb.jpg

post-27864-0-41764900-1553459776_thumb.jpg

post-27864-0-32749400-1553459829_thumb.jpg

post-27864-0-21862700-1553459849_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, I found the some of these 20xx and 21xx monitors do composite better than S-Video, some the other way around. Been hit-or-miss. But, irrespective of which works better, all of them have handled the "240p" input as 480i, which means tearing.

Here are pics of the representative models. Amiga 1200 15kHz test coming in a couple of hours...

We wait with baited breath! :)

• Like 1

Well, I hate to disappoint, but you will have to wait a little longer. Since I have Indivisions, SD/FFs, and video cards (the MNT2000 is awesome!) all about, I rarely, if ever, have to connect my Amigas direct to an SVGA monitor. Thus, I have misplaced my Amiga-to-SVGA adapters. I will be searching for them a bit tonight and tomorrow. Hang tight! I promise results!

Well, I hate to disappoint, but you will have to wait a little longer. Since I have Indivisions, SD/FFs, and video cards (the MNT2000 is awesome!) all about, I rarely, if ever, have to connect my Amigas direct to an SVGA monitor. Thus, I have misplaced my Amiga-to-SVGA adapters. I will be searching for them a bit tonight and tomorrow. Hang tight! I promise results!

At least you're testing them! Just bought 4 "tested, working great" NEC 71Vs from eBay and they were all duds except for 1. :(

At least you're testing them! Just bought 4 "tested, working great" NEC 71Vs from eBay and they were all duds except for 1. :(

That sucks, dude.

Well, what sucks right now is none of these first units will sync to 15kHz. Again, I am so spoiled by my gear that checking for 15kHz capability had not crossed my mind originally, but now I will test all of them to be sure.

I will be getting packing prices tomorrow as I have definite interest. Thanks, guys!

• Like 1

That sucks, dude.

Well, what sucks right now is none of these first units will sync to 15kHz. Again, I am so spoiled by my gear that checking for 15kHz capability had not crossed my mind originally, but now I will test all of them to be sure.

I will be getting packing prices tomorrow as I have definite interest. Thanks, guys!

Thanks for trying and letting us know. Sad to know it didn't work. :(

Despite not having native 15 kHz support, I still like my Dell FP2007. The screen is nice and big ... and it is 4:3 ratio! This ratio is getting increasingly hard to find and will be even harder to find in a few years time. If we Atari/Amiga users can figure out a way to double the scan rate to 31 kHz then these monitors are very good to use. Dell didn't sell garbage when they sold this monitor.

OLD CS1, would you be able to tally up how many of each model you will have available?

Despite not having native 15 kHz support, I still like my Dell FP2007. The screen is nice and big ... and it is 4:3 ratio! This ratio is getting increasingly hard to find and will be even harder to find in a few years time. If we Atari/Amiga users can figure out a way to double the scan rate to 31 kHz then these monitors are very good to use. Dell didn't sell garbage when they sold this monitor.

OLD CS1, would you be able to tally up how many of each model you will have available?

I will tally up what I can fit into my office :)

There are still a few good SD/FF out there for the Amiga. I keep up hope that iComp will release new runs of the Indivisions -- they are really nice. If you have a Zorro box Amiga, the MNT2000 is open source and I think they make new runs every now and then. I have a Picasso IV in my 4000. I have waffled on putting the MNT in there and now that iComp owns P96 and is opening it up, I have not checked but I suspect support for the MNT2000 is by now even better than before, even with lacking an on-board blitter.

What about hooking up to an OSSC Scan Doubler first, then to the Dell Monitor? Has anyone tried that? It *seems* like that combination would work. For example:

RGB Video Connection on Amiga Computer -> Amiga RGB to SCART Cable -> SCART Input Connection on OSSC -> HDMI Output Connection on OSSC -> HDMI to DVI Cable -> DVI Connection on Dell 2007FP Monitor.

I've successfully used a similar combination substituting "SCART to HDMI Converter" for "OSSC".

Do these 20" panels if you have any have like a VGA port on them? I put a 19" inside of a modern 60in1 icade cocktail I have, but I wouldn't mind the upgrade, or perhaps it could work inside of a neo geo cabinet I have with a 25" CRT in there, sure a bit of a loss, but the clarity would be fantastic if I could wire it up or find someone who can.