IGNORED

inty-midi: convert MIDI files to IntyBASIC code

ppelleti

I have written a program which converts MIDI files into MUSIC lines which can be used in an IntyBASIC program. Depending on the number of voices in the MIDI file, it can generate code either for the Intellivision alone, or for the Intellivision with ECS. MIDI Program Change messages can be used to select among the four instruments that IntyBASIC supports. I have also attempted to support drums (on MIDI Channel 10).

The source code and README are available on GitHub:

https://github.com/ppelleti/inty-midi

Binaries for Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows are available on the "Releases" tab on GitHub, but I've also attached the binaries to this message.

inty-midi-0.1.0.0-bin.zip

• Like 8

Perhaps you two produce different results from the same input, so it is good to have two solutions.

At least, I think the two programs have different approaches. MusoCheat is a modular toolkit which gives the user quite a bit more flexibility, but also requires the user to do more. inty-midi, on the other hand, tries to be as automatic as possible, and (currently) has very few command line options to tweak.

• Like 1

At least, I think the two programs have different approaches. MusoCheat is a modular toolkit which gives the user quite a bit more flexibility, but also requires the user to do more. inty-midi, on the other hand, tries to be as automatic as possible, and (currently) has very few command line options to tweak.

There are advantages to both approaches. Users who are new to MIDI and just trying to get things working will benefit from your tool.