IGNORED

Terrible Old TI-99/4A Games You Probably Never Heard Of

xabin

Chisholm Trail... it's an interesting concept undone by stiff control and unclear objectives. "What the hell do you do?" is never a question you want to ask in a video game, and you definitely don't want that confusion in an arcade-style game that's supposed to be pick up and play. This is more like "pick up and scratch your head for a while."

Chisholm trail has nothing to do with: Texas, the actual Chisholm Trail, rustling, driving cattle, horses, sheep. This is a space game dressed in cowboy boots. The manual is bizarre as it describes events that have nothing to do with what’s actually onscreen. I like the game despite.

The Attack was an arcade port? Hmm...didn’t know that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Airshack

Atarisoft's TI version of Donkey Kong both met my performance expectations compared to the arcade versions of Crazy Kong and was a game I loved to play!

The Atarisoft games were made by a creative video game company. Not surprised you liked their stuff. Atari was so good at writing game software TI decided to lock them out of the ship as it sank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey all,

Every time you mention a game in this thread, a bell rings, and the game gets a ticket into a very special game heaven ruled by King Knut Polyoptics. (The first game to get in was Cars & Carcasses II, Knut's favorite.)

But the door is only 8x8 pixels wide so only some of the sprites get into heaven. Unfortunately, Zero Zap de-rezzed because it did not fit. Oh no. Also the red monster from The Attack failed, though the spores got in and are giving MunchMan the hay fever.

King Knut is angry about this loss of pixels, but so far none of his angels or valkyries or dwarves (or all the King's horses) have fixed it. For now it's strictly 8-bit heaven.

Keep it coming.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...