IGNORED

The Kenner Game Console: HELP

ThatJunkman

Hey guys,

Mosty I am talking old toys, mostly Kenner stuff but I came across concept art that many believe was a 1981 plan for Kenner to release a home system. I have been digging around with no lucky in any good information, just concept art dated 1981. I cant even tell 100% the name on the art. I am looking for anyone help, anyone with info or maybe contacts I can try. I have even talked to a former VP at Kenner and others but all was hired after 1981. I did a video on all the info I have... but love to find out more.

My video

https://youtu.be/7hogu3prFd4

Concept Art

https://imgur.com/a/Bm8Cnsg

I could be completely wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the concept art were actually for some kind of toy video camera system or projector rather than a video game system. Home video was all the rage at that time and there were several cheap concepts floated. Kenner had a line of several "Give-a-Show" and "Easy Show" projector toys. The concept looks more in line with that. If there were any kind of game element to it, it was still probably related to their simple projection stuff.

pxl_bx00.jpg3bfb55bfe4cb26b6c71fd3f259c7fa68.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Empire-slide-Header-Image-2.jpg

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 2

I could be completely wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the concept art were actually for some kind of toy video camera system or projector rather than a video game system. Home video was all the rage at that time and there were several cheap concepts floated. Kenner had a line of several "Give-a-Show" and "Easy Show" projector toys. The concept looks more in line with that. If there were any kind of game element to it, it was still probably related to their simple projection stuff.

pxl_bx00.jpg3bfb55bfe4cb26b6c71fd3f259c7fa68.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Empire-slide-Header-Image-2.jpg

Yes I talked about this in my video, could be a some type of viewer but the "GAME 1" written on it makes it seem it was a least a game

Kind of reminds me of the Fisher Price Movie Viewer theater. I know Kenner had a similar hand held movie viewer, no clue how you would incorporate that into a game though unless they expanded on it and were going for a trivia type game like the 2-XL Talking Trivia Robot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

I talked with the guy that did the concert art! All the info can be found at

Nice detective work - Columbo would've be proud! At least there was some closure here, I've tried contacted people on some rare prototypes (mostly in the arcade world) and never get a response :sleep:

And just to think if Kenner did go through w/ the video game idea and then... the crash. Safe to say, that '85 Kenner Power of the Force line would never came to fruition. (I do see a nice POTF Amanaman pegged on the wall.)