IGNORED

WTB: Atari 5200 2 port shell or non functioning unit

bszarek001

Hello - I bought a 2 port unit on eBay and the seller decided that a box that barely fit around the outside of the unit would suffice. So the entire front of the shell was destroyed (where the controller port openings are). Does anyone have a non functioning or 2 port shell theyre willing to part with? A four port shell would work as well, I would just have to fabricate something to close the other two ports.

Thanks everyone!

I wish I did have something, but I just ran into that not long ago when a client sent me their 4-port for modification work. It arrived with the front left of the controller port covered shattered in many pieces and the case itself was coming separate. There were 3 boss posts completely broken inside and too much damage to be repairable. I ended up buying a junker 4 port unit locally for about $35 and cross charged that to the client. 7800s and especially the 5200s appear to use the most brittle of plastic on them.

Hey - yeah, I cant believe it. Luckily I got a full refund and got to keep the unit. The thing works perfectly and would love to UAV mod this thing and find it a new home. You can see how it was packed. Box barely surrounded unit with bubbles on top so the front plate was absolutely destroyed beyond gorilla glue capabilities. Had to be 20 pieces at least. post-61342-0-07799300-1553686160_thumb.jpegpost-61342-0-91281400-1553686180_thumb.jpegpost-61342-0-66288000-1553686211_thumb.jpeg