IGNORED

The state of TIPI and the Geneve 9640 - success-ish.

jedimatt42

I can only say "probably"

I use an older design. Called the "Platform Cable USB" Model DLC9G

ISE uses a driver interface so a number of products can be used.

I did not learn all the ways this can be done.

Someone with spare time could figure out how to use the Raspberry PI to do it...

-M@

Tipi geneve upgrades

Ship to me. In a box with static bag and bubblewrap. I supplied these originally hope you hung on to them :)

I'll collect a group and meet matt to program.

Return shipping i can take paypal or cards I'll use your box so tough to estimate but this is the top end.

Usa 8

Can 18

Eu 15

Please pm or email to lmk its on the way.

Ship to

Gregory McGill

16200 SW Pacific Hwy Ste H144

Tigard Or 97224

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Greg,

Got my TIPI headed your way with Priority 2 day shipping. I was in such a hurry, did not add the funds to the box. Can you send me a paypal request for funds at Beery_Asst at msn dot com ?

2 Day priority shipping with $100 insurance was about $12.50, so if you need to, add a few more dollars for your time/effort.

Thanks again.

Beery

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

can you clarify your question? All released/shipped/shipping TIPI boards have the old code if you want the Geneve code you will need to update your CPLD

The design is open source so I want to build the board on my own without buying an expensive developer kid or cable to program the CPLD.

Matt,

The TIPI works in both the GenMod Geneve as well as the stock Geneve in TIMODE.

It also works on both systems if program code is being run from the Geneve card in MDOS mode.

In MDOS mode, with a Myarc 512K card and stock Geneve being utilized, there are some pages in memory on the Myarc 512K card as mentioned in the other topic where things work and things do not work.

In MDOS mode with a Memex fully expanded and a GenMod Geneve, any memory on the Memex being used in MDOS mode I have found does not work.

What I am seeing is an issue with the receivemsg call not working as expected. Sendmsg seems to be working as I can see the system connecting with my BBS.

Keep in mind all my work is with trying to telnet on the MDOS side of things.

Beery

• Like 1

Matt,

Not sure I would agree about calling this hardware adventure "complete". While it may be possible to brute force the TIPI to work with an expanded system at the moment, there is still something going on where memory running on an external card such as either the Myarc 512K or the MEMEX does not work. How many users would actually be doing any programming on the MDOS side of things I will say will be very limited.

TIPI works with a stock Geneve in MDOS mode without issue as far as I know because there is no external memory involved. The issue is when the TIPI needs to push data onto a memory device external to the Geneve card on the Myarc 512K card or the Memex. I think it has something to do with a timing issue, however, I have not found any CRU bit tweaks that would speed up or slow down the system to fix it. That's why I think there is a CPLD issue/tweak needed. What I do not know is if that tweak would then have negative consequences for the TI-99/4A or stock Geneve's.

I know we are going back and forth, and hopefully I have not frustrated you. If you want to call me at 713-204-7752 (5:30 pm to 10 pm EST weekdays) or anytime weekend, I will be happy to speak with you so we can be on the same page. If you want to do no more work on the TIPI, that is fine as well as we can seek out alternative solutions for at least m work. That will still not help others that want to do independent programming on MDOS and not use what I am doing.

Beery

Well tomorrow ends the 30 day deadline for hardware changes. The goal isn't to make it work. It is to close the issue within 30 days.

The ROM is software. If a software change can be discovered we can have a second bank controlled by CRU bit in TIPI for use in MDOS.

-M@