IGNORED

Suggestion to set a monthly WWW.MYTI99.COM group chat time

twoodland

• 2 weeks later...

What do y'all think about setting a monthly MYTI99.COM group chat time, say on the 9th from 9-10PM EST?

Great idea. Thanks for suggesting it.

After working through some setup issues, I was able to run Stuart's browser last night for the very first time. Very exciting to see it work. Looking forward to using it in earnest for tomorrow's chat.

Man! That was so much fun! Thank you Omega for posting your article! I am looking forward to next month's group chat! Next time offering two different hour blocks of time (9-10PM CEST and 9-10PM EST) so that more users can participate in one or both! If you have any suggestions/comments please post em!

• Like 1

Yes, it was a lot fun. Brought back some treasured memories. I'm still quite rusty with conversational typing on the console, but it seemed to get a little easier with practice.

Looking forward to next time!

There were four of us in the round table tonight, and never has an hour blown by so quickly! :-o

Anyway the topic of BBS's in the old days came up, as well as the expense of long-distance rates. Anyway as promised in the chat, here are two pages (in PDF format) from a newsletter article I wrote back 1990.

Thanks for sharing the retro newsletter. That's quite a blast from the past.

I certainly racked up some long-distance charges on more than one occasion in the 80's, much to my parents' dismay.

• 4 weeks later...