IGNORED

Suggestion to set a monthly WWW.MYTI99.COM group chat time

twoodland

23 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

@ElectricLab any word on that new version?

It's looking good, and I need another evening's worth of modifications to the web code to work with the new browser features. I plan on doing that tonight.

I've done a lot of testing of the new browser and I've asked Stuart to publish it when he's ready. The chat tomorrow will work with either of the latest versions of the browser, if I can get enough hobby time in this evening :)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, INVISIBLE said:

I remembered the meeting just now, but I cannot get CHATTI to run for some reason.

It's actually not via CHATTI.  Rather, it's the 'group chat' option under the home menu.

I just logged off, but hopefully see you next chat.

• Like 1

Just now, jmazzy said:

It's actually not via CHATTI.  Rather, it's the 'group chat' option under the home menu.

I just logged off, but hopefully see you next chat.

The home menu on MYTI99.COM that is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

Well, I finally made it over to the group chat last night.  I ended up getting bounced several times from a poor internet connection on my side again and finally gave up.

Beery

I feel like I am cursed.  Right before the chat, my Internet connection went down, I finally got it restored after working with tech support around midnight.  The real kicker is... I have no idea what the issue was or what fixed it.  I just know that tech support passed me to three different techs and reset my connection at least 5 times.  Ugggghhhh.

Tim  

On 5/8/2020 at 10:37 AM, mizapf said:

CET is Central European Time - for a short moment I thought, hey, that would be a good time to join.

I suppose you mean CST.

I was going for CET not CST.  I was asked to provide a chat time for European users as well.  Sorry for the confusion.

Tim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

Doesn't Atariage have a calendar mechanism? 

Yes.  But I'm unsure if anyone other than AtariAge sysadmins/moderators have the option to add events to it.  I'm also not sure if the calendar actually provides much by way of reminders.  

There's a very old thread here that speaks briefly to the calendar functionality:  

This is the calendar itself:  https://atariage.com/forums/calendar/#

It's accessible from the top menu bar, under 'Apps':

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 2.26.05 PM.jpg

20 minutes ago, twoodland said:

I feel like I am cursed.  Right before the chat, my Internet connection went down, I finally got it restored after working with tech support around midnight.  The real kicker is... I have no idea what the issue was or what fixed it.  I just know that tech support passed me to three different techs and reset my connection at least 5 times.  Ugggghhhh.

Tim  

Sorry to hear about the issues, and glad you're up and running again.  

It was an enjoyable chat last night.  Thank you for coordinating and providing the reminders.  Hopefully everyone can join in again next month.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

There are also google public calendars  : https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37083?hl=en

Sorry, probably being too nerdly about incorporating more nerdly things. 

Almost everyone under the age of 50 can be classified as a nerdly these days, it's become the new normal.  So, you would just be incorporating useful features. ?

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 11:07 AM, arcadeshopper said:

why don't you make a google calendar meeting and post the link to it here so we can add it to our phones to remind us :) that way it automatically will set the time zone

15 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

There are also google public calendars  : https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37083?hl=en

Done:  two Google Calendar items created, starting with the June 9th, 2020 chat:

One for the first chat at 9PM Central European Time:

https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NWRuc2ozZzIwMTRsa29iNDd2azg5NTNvZGNfMjAyMDA2MDlUMTkwMDAwWiBqNDM1bG1wYmRkbTVqdTlpY2VxbnUycmx0Y0Bn&tmsrc=j435lmpbddm5ju9iceqnu2rltc%40group.calendar.google.com&scp=ALL

One for the second chat at 9PM Eastern Time:

https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NDdiYmpxZTFwc21tYTVyNTgybzgzZG9rN3FfMjAyMDA2MTBUMDEwMDAwWiBqNDM1bG1wYmRkbTVqdTlpY2VxbnUycmx0Y0Bn&tmsrc=j435lmpbddm5ju9iceqnu2rltc%40group.calendar.google.com&scp=ALL

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...