Jump to content
twoodland

Suggestion to set a monthly WWW.MYTI99.COM group chat time

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

On Friday the 9th, I'll have Chatti on the big screen at 99/4ATX. I'll leave it logged in.

 AWESOME!  I'll try before and after work, with any luck I'll catch you guys there! 💻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2019 at 10:11 AM, arcadeshopper said:

hardest part about this is the chat has no scroll back, if you aren't there or you read slow or get distracted you miss it

 

Wish Corey @ElectricLab would make chatti have a 'chat room' for similar activity then he could make it a web-interface as well 

The web version of the chat and the 9900 binary access the same back-end, so this could be easily done. Would anyone actually use it? I get a message about every 6 months on CHATTI.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ElectricLab said:

The web version of the chat and the 9900 binary access the same back-end, so this could be easily done. Would anyone actually use it? I get a message about every 6 months on CHATTI.

I’ve been unable to create a login on myti99. We tried to get a couple of TiPis on it at ATX but never got past the account creator. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

I’ve been unable to create a login on myti99. We tried to get a couple of TiPis on it at ATX but never got past the account creator. 

Not sure what ATX is, but I should be able to help get things going. The tests pass for account creation so I didn't break it, but maybe something isn't rendering OK. What do you see?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ElectricLab said:

The web version of the chat and the 9900 binary access the same back-end, so this could be easily done. Would anyone actually use it? I get a message about every 6 months on CHATTI.

I genuinely enjoyed the regular monthly chats earlier this year.  So I'm in favor of it.  I imagine others might be more inclined to join a regularly scheduled chat evening if the CHATTI 'chat room' were an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found and fixed the bug that was preventing new account creation - I wish I'd known about it earlier. It was related to a consolidation of 'www' and just plain 'myti99.com' that I did in late Spring 2019. I had initially launched just 'myti99.com' but Stuart's Browser encourages people to use 'www' in their URLs and since it didn't understand redirects initially, redirecting people to the site without the 'www' didn't work, and I ended up having to support both sites separately. Since Stuart incorporated URL redirection in his latest version, I attempted to consolidate the sites. Long story short, there was a tmp directory in which scribbling is done which needed to exist, and so registration has been broken for a loooong time. Unfortunately, no one use the contact form to let me know so it stayed that way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😀 Next Monthly TI-99/4A Group Chat: March 9th @ 9-10 PM *CET & 9-10 PM EST - (http://www.myti99.com)

 

Looking forward to chatting with you then!  Pass it along!  Join the fun!

 

*Correction: CET not CST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, twoodland said:

😀 Next Monthly TI-99/4A Group Chat: March 9th @ 9-10 PM CST & 9-10 PM EST - (http://www.myti99.com)

 

Looking forward to chatting with you then!  Pass it along!  Join the fun!

 

I'd love to join since it's been a while, but unfortunately, I'll be out of town.  Have fun!   Hopefully we can aim for April 9th, also.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the last three monthly chats had no participants.  I am open to suggestions to get this TI community chat active.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, twoodland said:

Well, the last three monthly chats had no participants.  I am open to suggestions to get this TI community chat active.  

Maybe a sticky note on our PC's main screen might remind us? 

All I need to add is the date and time.  If it works out I'll try to be there.

 

REMIND.thumb.JPG.862a2c6510042f6bd09dfb0d1fd2d156.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, INVISIBLE said:

Maybe a sticky note on our PC's main screen might remind us? 

All I need to add is the date and time.  If it works out I'll try to be there.

 

REMIND.thumb.JPG.862a2c6510042f6bd09dfb0d1fd2d156.JPG

Thank you for your feedback!

Currently, it is scheduled Monthly on the 9th @ 9-10 PM CST & 9-10 PM EST - (http://www.myti99.com, login, select group chat)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, twoodland said:

Thank you for your feedback!

Currently, it is scheduled Monthly on the 9th @ 9-10 PM CST & 9-10 PM EST - (http://www.myti99.com, login, select group chat)

Got it, 6:00PM Pacific time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I was unable to make it last night but still interested.  A calendar invite sounds good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah this needs to be set up on a calendar that can remind us 

 

and probably be more regularly scheduled so more people can attend 

 

and be in a chat system that lets you scroll back

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree more frequent scheduling could open up more opportunities for folks to attend.

 

A scroll back feature would be nice, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jmazzy said:

I agree more frequent scheduling could open up more opportunities for folks to attend.

 

A scroll back feature would be nice, too.

Stuart has sent me a new beta version of the browser that supports some features that will allow for a better experience, including making the scroll-back work in a better way. I'll be testing it tonight and providing feedback to him (assuming I find anything wrong) so hopefully it'll be out soon!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ElectricLab said:

Stuart has sent me a new beta version of the browser that supports some features that will allow for a better experience, including making the scroll-back work in a better way. I'll be testing it tonight and providing feedback to him (assuming I find anything wrong) so hopefully it'll be out soon!

 

cool, or a chat room in CHATTI would also work ;)   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REMINDER: 😀 Next Monthly TI-99/4A Group Chat: Sat May 9th @ 9-10 PM CET & 9-10 PM EST - (http://www.myti99.com)

 

Looking forward to chatting with you then!  Pass it along!  Join the fun!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 12:55 PM, ElectricLab said:

Stuart has sent me a new beta version of the browser that supports some features that will allow for a better experience, including making the scroll-back work in a better way. I'll be testing it tonight and providing feedback to him (assuming I find anything wrong) so hopefully it'll be out soon!

 

Corey:  how has the testing w/Stuart's beta been going?  Any updates?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2020 at 4:46 AM, twoodland said:

REMINDER: 😀 Next Monthly TI-99/4A Group Chat: Sat May 9th @ 9-10 PM CET & 9-10 PM EST - (http://www.myti99.com)

 

Hey, that looks like a time I might be able to work with!!   (if I remember)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CET is Central European Time - for a short moment I thought, hey, that would be a good time to join.

 

I suppose you mean CST.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...