IGNORED

Suggestion to set a monthly WWW.MYTI99.COM group chat time

twoodland

• 4 months later...
On 7/16/2019 at 10:11 AM, arcadeshopper said:

hardest part about this is the chat has no scroll back, if you aren't there or you read slow or get distracted you miss it

Wish Corey @ElectricLab would make chatti have a 'chat room' for similar activity then he could make it a web-interface as well 

The web version of the chat and the 9900 binary access the same back-end, so this could be easily done. Would anyone actually use it? I get a message about every 6 months on CHATTI.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ElectricLab said:

The web version of the chat and the 9900 binary access the same back-end, so this could be easily done. Would anyone actually use it? I get a message about every 6 months on CHATTI.

I’ve been unable to create a login on myti99. We tried to get a couple of TiPis on it at ATX but never got past the account creator. 

4 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

I’ve been unable to create a login on myti99. We tried to get a couple of TiPis on it at ATX but never got past the account creator. 

Not sure what ATX is, but I should be able to help get things going. The tests pass for account creation so I didn't break it, but maybe something isn't rendering OK. What do you see?

14 minutes ago, ElectricLab said:

I genuinely enjoyed the regular monthly chats earlier this year.  So I'm in favor of it.  I imagine others might be more inclined to join a regularly scheduled chat evening if the CHATTI 'chat room' were an option.

I found and fixed the bug that was preventing new account creation - I wish I'd known about it earlier. It was related to a consolidation of 'www' and just plain 'myti99.com' that I did in late Spring 2019. I had initially launched just 'myti99.com' but Stuart's Browser encourages people to use 'www' in their URLs and since it didn't understand redirects initially, redirecting people to the site without the 'www' didn't work, and I ended up having to support both sites separately. Since Stuart incorporated URL redirection in his latest version, I attempted to consolidate the sites. Long story short, there was a tmp directory in which scribbling is done which needed to exist, and so registration has been broken for a loooong time. Unfortunately, no one use the contact form to let me know so it stayed that way.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, twoodland said:

? Next Monthly TI-99/4A Group Chat: March 9th @ 9-10 PM CST & 9-10 PM EST - (http://www.myti99.com)

Looking forward to chatting with you then!  Pass it along!  Join the fun!

I'd love to join since it's been a while, but unfortunately, I'll be out of town.  Have fun!   Hopefully we can aim for April 9th, also.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, twoodland said:

Well, the last three monthly chats had no participants.  I am open to suggestions to get this TI community chat active.  

Maybe a sticky note on our PC's main screen might remind us? 

All I need to add is the date and time.  If it works out I'll try to be there.

REMIND.thumb.JPG.862a2c6510042f6bd09dfb0d1fd2d156.JPG

1 minute ago, INVISIBLE said:

Maybe a sticky note on our PC's main screen might remind us? 

All I need to add is the date and time.  If it works out I'll try to be there.

REMIND.thumb.JPG.862a2c6510042f6bd09dfb0d1fd2d156.JPG

Thank you for your feedback!

Currently, it is scheduled Monthly on the 9th @ 9-10 PM CST & 9-10 PM EST - (http://www.myti99.com, login, select group chat)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jmazzy said:

I agree more frequent scheduling could open up more opportunities for folks to attend.

A scroll back feature would be nice, too.

Stuart has sent me a new beta version of the browser that supports some features that will allow for a better experience, including making the scroll-back work in a better way. I'll be testing it tonight and providing feedback to him (assuming I find anything wrong) so hopefully it'll be out soon!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ElectricLab said:

Stuart has sent me a new beta version of the browser that supports some features that will allow for a better experience, including making the scroll-back work in a better way. I'll be testing it tonight and providing feedback to him (assuming I find anything wrong) so hopefully it'll be out soon!

cool, or a chat room in CHATTI would also work ;)   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 12:55 PM, ElectricLab said:

Corey:  how has the testing w/Stuart's beta been going?  Any updates?

• Like 1