twoodland

Suggestion to set a monthly WWW.MYTI99.COM group chat time

Yeah mine freaked out for a second as well.  I had to reset and reload.  Maybe it was something from the server?

I regret I wasn't able to make it last night.  Hopefully next month.

• Like 1

Is there a way to make a "messenger" type app out of chatti,  Interrupt your ti screen with message, or message drop into a folder? 

7 hours ago, GDMike said:

Is there a way to make a "messenger" type app out of chatti,  Interrupt your ti screen with message, or message drop into a folder? 

Interesting idea for sure.  Problem is, Chatti would always have to be running.  It's a Catch 22, many people never load Chatti up, because they never have a message waiting once they go there, so they don't go there, resulting in very few messages ever being sent.

I thought of a way to potentially increase activity there, but it would require unsolicited work on @jedimatt42's part by requiring "feature creep" in Force Command, which last I heard is not something he wants to do at the moment.  Essentially the idea would be to have a provision in Force Command to interact with your personal MYTI99.COM data your SD card and check for messages at each and every return to the DOS prompt, then displaying a small asterisk at the top or bottom of the now larger screen.  This way you would at least know when you have a message waiting and can then load up Chatti to read it, which would reset the flag.

Honestly the part of the tipi server software that remains from ElectricLab is the proprietary interface he build to myti99.com - It isn't documented, I don't understand it enough to use it. I would do it over and require the use of my TCP interface instead. 

The group chat, is using TCP, it is a 99ML application for Stuart's Browser. 

I'd like to see someone write an IRC client for the 4A using the TCP interface. Then you get a late 80's server tech that is still running around today. Accessible from that ubiquitous thing in your pocket, or your 4A.  

• Like 1

Hello, All.  The monthly group chat happening now if anyone else is interested in joining.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

is this still happening? nobody seems to be on..

I am planning to attend tonight at 9PM EST.  Hope to see you there.

11 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

is this still happening? nobody seems to be on..

Likewise, I was going to join tonight around 9:30PM Eastern.

These monthly chats are still on the calendar for the 9th of every month, one at 9PM Central European Time and the other at 9PM Eastern Time. But seems like interest wanes and waxes, depending on the day of the week and time of year.

(Whenever I don't already have an evening commitment, I aim for the 9PM Eastern session since I'm in Chicago.)