IGNORED

Adventure Ponies (Atari XL/XE )

Gibstov

1 hour ago, Atariboy2600 said:

I had a idea of a what if a My Little Pony was done on the 2600 by Parker Brothers and made up some label art hand drawn

? Wow...that is pretty cool.  It looks like it is based off of Rescue in Midnight Castle.  So, would it have a seapony level? ?

46 minutes ago, Gibstov said:

? Wow...that is pretty cool.  It looks like it is based off of Rescue in Midnight Castle.  So, would it have a seapony level? ?

BTW this is not the first time I drew pony stuff I did some as in-jokes and satires online here's one on what if there where a mix up on Hasbro department  

BTW RIP Mad Magazine.

d8qecxb-1dda9318-5be5-48aa-a165-a3dbc16d0d33.png

10 minutes ago, Atariboy2600 said:

BTW this is not the first time I drew pony stuff I did some as in-jokes and satires online here's one on what if there where a mix up on Hasbro department  

BTW RIP Mad Magazine.

d8qecxb-1dda9318-5be5-48aa-a165-a3dbc16d0d33.png

Haha....Fluttershy apologizing after every shot. ?

Added a new version 0.83. There was some confusion on how to select the other ponies other than Twilight, and it wasn't clear that the other ponies needed to be unlocked.  So I added both Locked as well as Unlocked characters to the Select Pony Screen.

large.Dash_Locked.png.538358138e31db68e9636d3178928364.png

Unlocked

large.Dash_Unlocked.png.a36dca23479bab72ffac95e212684e6b.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gibstov:

It's good to hear that there is progress in game development. Just to motivate you, we played your unfinished game in public places in Cracov (Poland), where Atari 65XE was available on the street, for tourists, and in the trendy restaurant, for customers, also in our UBU Lab on Jagiellonian University! I pushed adult, serious people to play as a little pony :P Some direct greetings to you inside the movie :D 

In the second movie, it's me playing your game. I haven't figured out how to play Rainbow Dash yet...

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 11:00 PM, Kaz atarionline.pl said:

Gibstov:

It's good to hear that there is progress in game development. Just to motivate you, we played your unfinished game in public places in Cracov (Poland), where Atari 65XE was available on the street, for tourists, and in the trendy restaurant, for customers, also in our UBU Lab on Jagiellonian University! I pushed adult, serious people to play as a little pony :P Some direct greetings to you inside the movie :D 

In the second movie, it's me playing your game. I haven't figured out how to play Rainbow Dash yet...

Pretty cool.  Its nice to watch other people play it; I play tested this game a bunch, but it is different when you already know how to play.  So it is nice to get other perspectives. (It would be better if I understood Polish, but I think I get the gist of it). 

Players keep swapping joysticks isn't a good sign.  The height of the jump is dependent on how long you hold up the joystick.  Just tapping it will just make the pony hop. The players struggled with Iron Will, but they eventually beat him?

Good stuff though, thanks for the videos. ?

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

You have a fan in my daughter, pics coming soon.

Question, how do you unlock the other ponies?

Also, I recommend the button be the pony laser and the down be the teleport. :)

-Thom

You unlock the other ponies when finish the whole level. 

Agree with recommended buttons swap. 

11 hours ago, tschak909 said:

You have a fan in my daughter, pics coming soon.

Question, how do you unlock the other ponies?

Also, I recommend the button be the pony laser and the down be the teleport. :)

-Thom

Awesome, I am glad to hear that she is a fan ?

As other have mentioned, you unlock the other ponies by completing the game. (You beat the game with Twilight you unlock Rainbow, beat it with Dash and unlock Applejack). (There is also a secret way to unlock the ponies on the pony select screen, but will allow you to figure that one out..or search for it).

There has been a bunch of requests for swapping the buttons so I will take a look at it again.

• 2 months later...

CONGRATULATIONS to Adventure Ponies for being nominated in the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards!

Be sure to vote for your favourite homebrew games of 2019 with the links below and watch the awards LIVE on February 1, 2020!

Awards Show: February 1, 2020 @ 12:00PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT LIVE on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Channel!

Atari Homebrew Awards Categories (VOTE IN ALL!!):

722732559_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Nominated-BestHomebrewAtari8bit5200.jpg.fa50ae9a9e92ddcee24332b5ac76a26c.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...