IGNORED

Huff huff, breathe, breathe.....breathe.

Video

6 hours ago, Video said:

Battery life is about 4 hours

It's supposed to be 4-5 hours (for a game like Breath of the Wild), so between the launch Switch (3 hours) and the revised one (5-6 hours). The Switch Lite has the better CPU from the revised Switch but a smaller battery.

The nice thing is it can be used as a secondary system with the same account (subscription or not) but of course you can't play the same game on both systems (exactly like PS4 or Steam). I find the Switch Lite compelling for its much lighter weight, but I would only buy one as a secondary system since it can't be used with the VR kit. ?

One more about the switch lite, it doesn't have a kick stand, or whatever you call it, but the I guess most people getting one will be line players, since clustering around a tiny screen for PvP or coop is not my idea of fun ?

more on zelda, still on track to get it done in the same time as the original, enjoying it so far. When I said it's a carbon copy, it pretty well is, I found my map I made back in 93 and everything has been exactly where I discovered it all those years ago. I even got the extra key in the third dungeon. Even bitd I never understood that one...BUT, that raises one concern, I'm at the 6th dungeon now, and next is the infamous seventh dungeon. I remember that one well, half the time when you went in, it spawned the ball somewhere that would break the game. Hopefully that has been fixed, but uh... Remember to save before unlocking the tower of you might be f$%&.

I found some of the statues, you get them, or some, from the maybe village claw game, and as for build your own dungeon, it seems to just unlock more bits from game progress, talk to the guy, get more dungeon pieces.

the game is a lot easier to get money on, for several reasons, gone is the 999 rupy limit, don't know how far it goes, but I've exceeded 1k several times now. Being color, you can now get 5 rupy rupys, And, grass and bushes now grow back while your still in the area, so you can get money faster now.

there is a hard mode you can opt for when starting a game, I'll have to try that once I finished, but I assume attacks will damage you more, though it would be neat if it rearranged some items or missions.

a few negs too, one, the game looks great, but there are graphical glitches in certain areas, like fog will flicker. The frame rate is usually great, but noticeably drops in some areas, and, there's a nasty out of focus thing in the overworld where the top and bottom 10-15% of the screen is blurry. Only in the overworld, but anyhow.

anyhow, still great overall.

Well finished Zelda this week. Including some lost moments, and not remembering what to do, it was right at 16 hrs to complete. Didn't run into any issues on the seventh dungeon, so that's good, either fixed, or I got lucky. ? gotgot more dungeon bits, you can get them from the crane game, or even buy them from the shop...or maybe steal them, haven't tried that yet. Love the hand drawn cartoon intro and ending. I'll probably wait a while before a second play through on the hard difficulty. In the meantime, maybe I'll finally get around to playing breath of the wild.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 6:58 AM, Video said:

Well finished Zelda this week. Including some lost moments, and not remembering what to do, it was right at 16 hrs to complete. Didn't run into any issues on the seventh dungeon, so that's good, either fixed, or I got lucky. ? gotgot more dungeon bits, you can get them from the crane game, or even buy them from the shop...or maybe steal them, haven't tried that yet. Love the hand drawn cartoon intro and ending. I'll probably wait a while before a second play through on the hard difficulty. In the meantime, maybe I'll finally get around to playing breath of the wild.

that's cool to hear what someone thought of Link's Awakening; my sis was a HUGE Zelda fan and had a copy of the original for her Game Boy. 

We bought it for our boyo's birthday here in a week, but i suspect he'll get bored then Dad will have a new Switch game in about a month. ;) 

• 4 months later...

I said I wouldnt do it, after Pikachu/eve games sucked so hard, bu I picked up sword/shield for switch.  Great games, and adds the live monsters to the field, so you can see what your getting into before geting into it.  It's more old school with proper battles and everything, but it's got a lot of the extra stuff from the sun moon gmaes chopped off.  it's much older style, but still a lot of fun to play.  Apparently you cant trade in pokemon you cant get in this game for some reason (one of the great additions to later 3DS games) and I'm not sure how linking works, if at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Video said:

I said I wouldnt do it, after Pikachu/eve games sucked so hard, bu I picked up sword/shield for switch.  Great games, and adds the live monsters to the field, so you can see what your getting into before geting into it.  It's more old school with proper battles and everything, but it's got a lot of the extra stuff from the sun moon gmaes chopped off.  it's much older style, but still a lot of fun to play.  Apparently you cant trade in pokemon you cant get in this game for some reason (one of the great additions to later 3DS games) and I'm not sure how linking works, if at all.

Someone can correct me, of course, if I'm inaccurate, but I think the whole impetus towards the 'not trading from other games' stuff comes with Nintendo wanting to push folks to Pokemon Home, instead.  My only beef with Pokemon Sword is that once I finished it, i had a hard time doing much more than the daily jobs or poking around the Wild Zones.

theres also the issue of once you beat sword/shield, as near as I can tell, all wild pokemon are locked at level 50.  Could be wrong though.

I'm kind of torn, I like the game, but in many ways it's a weird step down from the sun/moon games (or even ruby/saphire 3DS versions)

Eventually I'll get around to trying to trade myself, I got two switches and both games, but I'm not finished with one yet, though I guess you never had to finish the games to trade, just reach a certain point in the game, and I'm well beyond that LOL.

Just picked up Cats Quest, and Everspace, so I'm going to try those in a bit (I've got cat quest on PS4, despite being short, I really enjoyed it, though it's probably on the easy side for most people)

• Like 1

Ive got all of 2-3 hours on Shield so far.  I don't know what to think to be fair.  I love how they finally grew up and let you see what's walking around, I think Ultra did that too like the Switch Go limited title.  So far I'm not seeing a cookie cutter dumpsterfire of 20 years of repeats as the game actually seems to have an engaging story I hope.  I need to hit the train station in a bit and go from there.  I did a little power leveling getting a group of 6 up to lv7-10 before moving along which paid off.  I don't remember the names but I got scorbunny to start, then the dark fox, the blue bird, the sad looking turtle, the electric dog, and zigazoon ...avoided the dumb bug and squirrel looking thing, fished a magikarp too which went into holding.  The exp share is going to greatly help me tolerate the game longer.  I do wonder just how much stuff I should even bother leveling up as I don't want some DQ level grind session with this.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 10:19 AM, Tanooki said:

Ive got all of 2-3 hours on Shield so far.  I don't know what to think to be fair.  I love how they finally grew up and let you see what's walking around, I think Ultra did that too like the Switch Go limited title.  So far I'm not seeing a cookie cutter dumpsterfire of 20 years of repeats as the game actually seems to have an engaging story I hope.  I need to hit the train station in a bit and go from there.  I did a little power leveling getting a group of 6 up to lv7-10 before moving along which paid off.  I don't remember the names but I got scorbunny to start, then the dark fox, the blue bird, the sad looking turtle, the electric dog, and zigazoon ...avoided the dumb bug and squirrel looking thing, fished a magikarp too which went into holding.  The exp share is going to greatly help me tolerate the game longer.  I do wonder just how much stuff I should even bother leveling up as I don't want some DQ level grind session with this.

Honestly, when I played through Sword I really didn't grind all that much- as long as you've got a team that's about the same level as who you're fighting and you have Pokemon that are strong to what you're going up against you won't have a problem just playing through the game (even at the end).

Honestly I've never been amazing at Pokemon, and I have trouble remembering what is good against other stuff in the less obvious cases beyond rock, electrics, water, fire and grass, and bug.  I tend to overlevel a bit so I don't get my ass handed to me, and even yet it still can happen.  Weeks ago in Pikachu Go Switch this ace bimbo iced my party of 6 because of earthquake and no flying pokemon.  Also I refuse at times to pull something out because I dislike taking a cheap shot when switching which doesn't always end well either.

I haven't had a shot at it yet since 2 nights ago, going to try here this evening, as I'm set to hit the train and check out the wild area I think next and I'll get a free pikachu due to my Go save (yay.)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Been playing spirit of the North recently. It's a different take on adventure. Nothing really to guide you, you just wonder around till you find where to go next. It's probably short, but looks ok, and the Fox and spirit Fox thing is neat to play with.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the first cat quest. I wasn't expecting that, but it's on the cat quest 2 cart. I thought about playing 2, but I'd forgotten that I'd preordered munches oddysee and I've not played that in like 15 years, so I may temporarily jump ship to that game instead lol.

• Like 1

I grabbed Cat Quest awhile back for my phone and only more recently just sat through and played it out finding myself amazed how good it was.  I wanted to get #2 but they decided to clown IOS owners it appears and stuffed it in the money pay gate of the apple arcade so unless I buy the switch game that's about it.

• 1 month later...

Wow that sucks man.

i've finished my third play through of. Cat quest 2, I like it lets you bump the difficulty up (the new+ on original just replays with no difficulty change, as near as I can tell) while I doubt I'll play through it 18 (I think) times, it's a nice feature. Of course, I like the games enough I did play through the first again, and I have a habit of going back to games repeatedly over the years, so who knows.

Love you get to visit the lupis(sp?) Empire, and the two lead characters thing is fun. I doubt any of my friends will get it, but it even supports two play co-op (maybe on a single screen??) Outside of two characters, and the much larger map, it's more of the same, so to anybody, if the first one didn't "do" it for you, don't expect this one to either. Looks like there's likely a third on the way, I'll be there. What's next, an avian empire? Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Untitled goose game.

No kidding, that's actually what it's called. I'd totally forgot this one till it showed up last month. It's one of those weird games that's right up my alley.

It's not a very long game to be sure, it'll take only a couple hours at most to beat the first time, I could see someone fully beating it in like 30 minutes if they have experience with it and know what your doing.

Your a goose, as the name implys, you get a basic list of things to do in each area you go to, mostly involving stealing things. Nothing will harm you, though if you get caught, people may try to steal your freshly stolen stuff. Some people will run you out of their area, and some stuff even with the list aren't obvious what to do, like breaking a particular item. Love the art style, this really looks like a cartoon of comic book.

Anyhow, don't expect it to be particularly deep, but it is a lot of fun.