Shining Force 2 (or Alien Soldier)

Revenge of Shinobi

Rocket Knight Adventures

Strider

Aladdin

After Burner II

Ristar

Kid Chameleon

If they could sneak in an 11th game by combining S3 & K, I'd totally dig this list. Aladdin is so fun, and they already have a bunch of other Disney games on the list, so I say why not?

The last TWELVE games have been announced. As expected, Sonic 3 remains in Michael Jackson hell.

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1135893994804826112

- Tetris
- Darius
- Road Rash II
- Strider
- Virtua Fighter 2
- Alisia Dragoon
- Columns
- Dynamite Headdy
- Kid Chameleon
- Monster World IV
- Light Crusader
- Eternal Champions

I do not remember Tetris on the Genesis. O_o

• Like 1

This version of Tetris was the 1989 unreleased Sega version of Tetris for the Megadrive/Genesis. It was unreleased despite orders for mass manufacture because Sega had illegally got console distribution rights for Tetris from Atari Games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last TWELVE games have been announced. As expected, Sonic 3 remains in Michael Jackson hell.

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1135893994804826112

- Tetris

- Darius

- Road Rash II

- Strider

- Virtua Fighter 2

- Alisia Dragoon

- Columns

- Dynamite Headdy

- Kid Chameleon

- Monster World IV

- Light Crusader

- Eternal Champions

I do not remember Tetris on the Genesis. O_o

Wow, I was way off. :) I didn't realize there were any rights issues with Sonic 3. Feels weird to not have all the main Sonic games included.

Explains the cartridge slot doors being operational. Very nice little touch (I wonder if there's any hope they'll hit western shores?).

Personally I'm not too thrilled by this most recent reveal even though it's a solid slate of games and overall an excellent lineup. But I do think it's nice to see an Electronic Arts game in there since they were such a high profile Sega Genesis publisher in the west. I just would've preferred to have seen it be Desert Strike.

And it seems a shame to not see a single Sega racer here. No Outrun, Outrun 2019, Super Monaco GP, Virtua Racing, Super Hang-On, etc. If I buy one and it's hackable, I'll have to fix that oversight. :)

Edited by Atariboy

Thanks for the link, Greg! Reading between the lines, I think it probably is Hidecade's version but they can't really promote it as such since it was originally unauthorized. Considering the fact that Hidecade never publicly released his version (thus it can't have been stolen and added to this collection), it seems they probably worked out the legal details behind the scenes.

Edited by Zoyous