IGNORED

WTB: TI-99/4A Dragon's Lair

Yosikuma

Recently a homebrew cart of Dragon's Lair was created on the TI-99/A by a rather talented man, and I apparently just missed the sales cut-off for this game.

So, would someone out there be willing to part with their copy?

Thanks in advance!

Recently a homebrew cart of Dragon's Lair was created on the TI-99/A by a rather talented man, and I apparently just missed the sales cut-off for this game.

So, would someone out there be willing to part with their copy?

Thanks in advance!

Doh

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I suspect there are less than 10-15 people who ordered more than one of these--and even there, they were only given one with a box, so prying a complete, boxed cartridge out of anyone's hands will be difficult in the extreme. I ordered a pair of additional carts when he reopened sales (when additional boards became available during his licensing window). But both of them were purchased as Christmas presents for a couple of long-time TI friends that don't know (or even suspect) that this cartridge exists. That said, mine are spoken for--but you might get lucky if anyone else has a spare.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

What would be nice, all things considered, is if he would do another run.  OR.  Sell digital releases (for use with FinalGROM, or to make your own cartridge,) and the box & paperwork (if he doesn't have access to more cartridge cases.)  I'd love the cartridge, but am more than willing to build my own if necessary.  I would also love to have the paperwork (and box, but less so with the box.)

What would be nice, all things considered, is if he would do another run.  OR.  Sell digital releases (for use with FinalGROM, or to make your own cartridge,) and the box & paperwork (if he doesn't have access to more cartridge cases.)  I'd love the cartridge, but am more than willing to build my own if necessary.  I would also love to have the paperwork (and box, but less so with the box.)

He already stated he won't.

It won't fit in a finalgrom99 it is too big.

There was a limited time license from redisoft that has expired.

This is clearly posted in the topic.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

He already stated he won't.

It won't fit in a finalgrom99 it is too big.

There was a limited time license from redisoft that has expired.

This is clearly posted in the topic.

OK, change would to could, and drop the FinalGROM option :)

As for being clearly posted, I just read all 4 of the previous posts (in this topic) and didn't come across that information.  I haven't done a full search for it yet, and this is the first I've heard about Dragon's Lair on the TI.  The search has a very low priority and will come later, as this thread makes it clear that I'm not likely to ever have access to it at a reasonable price.

Right now, I can't even afford a reasonable price.  At $95 for the original, and a reasonable markup for profit, is outside my budget.  If I sold my PAL SX-64, then "maybe" I'd have the funds.  If I did that, though, the first thing I'd have to get is a C64 to replace it.  Though those are cheaper.  The only reason I'd sell the SX-64 is to get other parts to complete the systems that are more important to me right now.

Here's the deal:

Yes, it would be nice to be able to offer it forever. But I don't own the property. Therefore, by the terms issued by the owner, the license is time limited. I can't give you a ROM file, because I have to pay a license fee for every copy out there, and I can't control basic ROM files. (They won't work anywhere but Classic99 anyway, they require a 128MB ROM space). (And, we fall back on the first point anyway - I don't have the legal right to distribute it anymore).

I don't intend to time limit my own properties. Cool Herders for the Dreamcast is still available all these years later. ;) But work prevents me from making very fast progress there.

• Like 1

Perfectly understandable.... But one can still wish & dream, right?? :)

One thing I'm glad of, now that I've started my search.  From what I've found, it hasn't fallen into the hands of someone unsavory :)

A list of things I expect some, um, bad-word-masked, person or group to do to anything & everything:

1) Pirate, of course, got to expect that, hopefully never happens.

2) Make an x-rated version

3) Hack the crap out of it, as a lark or joke, or just to be cruel in many cases

None of those may happen as much as I'm implying, but I always expect it.  That way, I can hopefully get a lot of pleasant surprises :)