IGNORED

Game(s) similar to "Adventure" - help me remember?

6BQ5

While I sort out my 130XE and it's potential GTIA issues, I wanted to remember the name of a game I used to play is very similar to "Adventure". I remember the graphics were slightly more refined. Instead of a cube or s dragon the characters were diamonds. Maybe they were supposed to be knights. I remember a black knight would appear out of nowhere and you had to be ready to kill him with a sword. The death sounded like a lightening bolt explosion. I want to say I remember you could wear a shield that looked like a surrounding bubble ... but a knight could still kill you somehow. After being killed, you would restart at the beginning leaving all artifacts in their last known places.

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

The best game ever written for ANY platform in the history of video games. I won't even look at the solve maps online as I don't want it to ruin the fact that I've never completed the game. :)

There's a guy in Sonobe (Kyoto) called Shigeru Miyamoto shaking his head at you.. :)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 3

I'll have to look into Galahad and the Holy Grail, as I don't know if I've ever played it or not. It sounds familiar, but I've been ignoring the name when I come across it at download sites thinking it was an old graphic text adventure game that didn't interest me. Was there a graphic text adventure game of a similar name? I'm excited now to look into Galahad...

• Like 1

An early Douglas Crockford game. I have, in fact, seen screen shots of the game on Atari Mania and Fandal's , etc., and avoided it thinking the game-play would be as primitive and boring as the graphics look. But I never payed attention to WHO the author was before. I've downloaded it and will play for the first time today.

• Like 2

Great game but having to start from scratch everytime you get hit ruins it for me. The playing field is too large for this.

The playing field is absolutely huge and the "random" teleporting pixel blocks make it absolutely crazy! I would play that game for hours. Yes, dying sucked and it was a serious test of short term memory if you could quickly get back to where you left off. I never finished the game either.

• Like 1

I use to spend many an hour playing and creating with 'The Adventure Construction Set' cartridge. Don't think this is something just for younger kids if you haven't tried it. I was in high school at the time I spent all those hours with it...It's more like one of those board games labeled "for kids from 8 to 80." It has been 30+ years now though...I should look into it again, maybe find the rom for MyIDE 2 or The!Cart...

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Couldnt finish GHG when I played it in the 80s but knew I needed to get into the ship. Never found an entrance but did find a loop hole. If you dropped the Holy Grenade in the ship room and left - the explosion would create openings in the water blocks. You could diagonally move through water blocks - after enough tries I was able to touch the gang plank or door on the ship to enter allowing me to finish the game.

Good times :)

• Like 1