IGNORED

Tipi, you are great and all but...

jrhodes

Don't get me wrong. Tipi is one of the best things ever for the TI.

But... I have some Extended Basic programs i have to use CALL FILES(0) to load in classic99.

These same programs i can used to be able to load, on real hardware, from CS1 with only a 32k attached.

Now with the Tipi attached, i have a little less memory. I could open the case and physically remove tipi from the 32k board, but that would be a hassle.

So, for a Tipi user, on real hardware, what would be the equivalent of CALL FILES(0) , so that i can load bigger than average cassette and disk software?

As example, i have attached some of the games that classic99 requires me to use CALL FILES(0) to load.

callfiles0.dsk

Edited by jrhodes

Yes it is true some games need a standard TI configuration without floppy disk drive connected.

CALL FILES (1) is still too much because the code need more memory. You should disconnect the TIPI to load that program or game but i can understand that it is impossibile to do if the program is into the TIPI :P

I have same problem on real machine with HXC SD/gotek floppy emulator for example.

Yes, i think so.

Probably on TIPI can be solved someway with a hack/fix i do not know.

smaller programs.. there's what.. 2-3 programs that are too large to fit in ram with a disk controller? Is this really an issue? It's a feature of the 4/a memory map, not of any particular device.. if you have a program that's too large to load in ram with a disk controller then there's really only one solution. Load from a cassette without the controller installed..

Greg

Don't get me wrong. Tipi is one of the best things ever for the TI.

But... I have some Extended Basic programs i have to use CALL FILES(0) to load in classic99.

These same programs i can used to be able to load, on real hardware, from CS1 with only a 32k attached.

Now with the Tipi attached, i have a little less memory. I could open the case and physically remove tipi from the 32k board, but that would be a hassle.

So, for a Tipi user, on real hardware, what would be the equivalent of CALL FILES(0) , so that i can load bigger than average cassette and disk software?

As example, i have attached some of the games that classic99 requires me to use CALL FILES(0) to load.

attachicon.gifcallfiles0.dsk

If I understand you right, you can use CALL FILES(0) and load these programs into Classic99 and run them.

If so, use CALL FILES(0) to load them, then CALL FILES(3) and save them to disk. They will save them in IV254 format which how large programs are saved in XB and at that point they should be compatible with tipi,

If you want to load them from cassette you can CALL LOAD(-31888,63,255) which turns off the disk controller which lets you use the entire VDP buffer.

• Like 5

If I understand you right, you can use CALL FILES(0) and load these programs into Classic99 and run them.

If so, use CALL FILES(0) to load them, then CALL FILES(3) and save them to disk. They will save them in IV254 format which how large programs are saved in XB and at that point they should be compatible with tipi,

If you want to load them from cassette you can CALL LOAD(-31888,63,255) which turns off the disk controller which lets you use the entire VDP buffer.

I will try this later!

I just tried it, and it worked! Yay!

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 2