IGNORED

TI peripheral cards for sale

I have some working TI peripheral cards that I no longer want and a few that are in need of repair. I've powered up the cards in a PEB with a F18A modified console and tested basic functionality to the best of my ability. If there appears to be something wrong with a card, it will be noted in the description. All equipment is sold as-is. Buyer pays for shipping. Figured I would experiment with a forum post for the TI community and if that doesn't go well for some reason, I'll look to other avenues.

Serial ports were tested using MAss Transfer. Parallel ports were not tested as I do not have a printer. I did not test any battery circuits. Floppy controller read/write functionality was tested using Birdwell's Disk Utilities and a 40-track disk by initializing, copying, and comparing the contents.

1. TI 40-track DSSD floppy controller, upgradable to 80 track, in a silver metal TI32k case: $40 (pending sale)

1. TI RS232, silver metal case: $35

2. CorComp RS232, grey metal case: $30 (pending sale)

3. Myarc RS232, black plastic case: $30

4. RAVE ramdisk (Only 6 of the 17x 32K chip sockets are populated. Add a HC259 for DSR bank 2). The card does boot and works properly as a 32K card. I expect the other functionality will work when the card is populated with 32K LP chips. I used the card for Geneve memory development work. $125

5. Horizon RAMdisk, 8-bit. 384K? Closer to 256K. Light comes on but CFG does not detect the ramdisk. Worked once upon a time. Opportunity for repair. $75 $60.

6. Myarc 80-track DSDD floppy controller,no case: $215

7. Myarc 80-track DSDD floppy controller, AMA/B/C Modification, Paul Charlton v1.6 EPROM, no case: $235

8. CorComp 40-track DSDD floppy controller, standard EPROMS, black metal case, with manual: $175

9. SID Blaster card in a CorComp metal case, unable to test but was working when stored, $25

10. COMPUTE! Assembly Language on the TI Soft Cover book $7.00

11. IDE hard drive controller card. Will no longer load the IDE DSR. Bad logic chip? Opportunity for repair. $70

- Privately message me to purchase.
- All sales are final. No refunds/no returns.
- I use PayPal but am open to US Money orders.
- Buyer is responsible for all shipping and handling. I will package multiple items into one box to save shipping if you buy more than one item.
- Buyer is responsible for VAT customs etc. Do not ask me to lie on the customs forms.

Edit: updated availability

post-25764-0-15259700-1553984683_thumb.jpeg

post-25764-0-08270200-1553984699_thumb.jpeg

post-25764-0-99300300-1553984733_thumb.jpeg

post-25764-0-28211800-1553984745_thumb.jpeg

post-25764-0-88542700-1553985313_thumb.jpeg

post-25764-0-92155200-1553985332_thumb.jpeg

Edited by InsaneMultitasker
  • Like 5

Man...I would've totally taken you up on one of the Myarc FDC cards:

7. Myarc 80-track DSDD floppy controller, AMA/B/C Modification, Paul Charlton v1.6 EPROM, no case: $235

I had one of those back in the day. But I just picked up an EPROM modified TI FDC off of eBay. It gets me to 80 track but to my knowledge only SD. Though With the TIPI PEB card I have on order, and if the FDC I have coming I can use a FD emulator, combined with my FinalGROM99, it probably isn't as critical as my old one was back in the day Still, I would've grabbed that from you if timing had been just slightly different. What's the diff b/t #6 and #7? Not familiar w/ Charlton's mod to that...wonder if that's what I had on my Myarc FDC back in the day? Alternatively, I pick one of those up from you and see if I can part w/ the one I have coming...

• Like 1

Man...I would've totally taken you up on one of the Myarc FDC cards:

Yeah! Before the TIPI arrived on the scene I would have been all over that Myarc 80 track DSDD controller card. Now days I use my DSK1 for very little, so I could never justify it to myself. A collector on the other hand or someone preferring old school stuff could easily go for it as it seems like a fair price.

• Like 1

Following have been purchased:

4. RAVE ramdisk (Only 6 of the 17x 32K chip sockets are populated. Add a HC259 for DSR bank 2). The card does boot and works properly as a 32K card. I expect the other functionality will work when the card is populated with 32K LP chips. I used the card for Geneve memory development work. $125

9. SID Blaster card in a CorComp metal case, unable to test but was working when stored, $25

11. IDE hard drive controller card. Will no longer load the IDE DSR. Bad logic chip? Opportunity for repair. $70\

Following are spoken for pending confirmation:

1. TI RS232, silver metal case: $35

8. CorComp 40-track DSDD floppy controller, standard EPROMS, black metal case, with manual: $175

What's the diff b/t #6 and #7? Not familiar w/ Charlton's mod to that...wonder if that's what I had on my Myarc FDC back in the day?

The card with the AMA/B/C modification is updated for use with Genmod Geneves and any other combination that requires the specific decoding. I do not remember what is different with the Paul Charlton EPROM modification; it has been too many years now...

Yeah! Before the TIPI arrived on the scene I would have been all over that Myarc 80 track DSDD controller card. Now days I use my DSK1 for very little, so I could never justify it to myself. A collector on the other hand or someone preferring old school stuff could easily go for it as it seems like a fair price.

This ties into what is neat about the hobby - many options! I thought that when I moved most of my items to my SCSI and other peripherals, the floppy would become irrelevant. I still find myself using them, though not as often and certainly less than I was 10 years ago. Most of my floppy library now fits inside of one plastic tub - 100-120 disks - things I keep for nostalgia or development reasons. I don't do much on the gaming side and I use the Geneve more than the 4A, so that has a bearing on things too.

• Like 1