IGNORED

Season 8 ~ Bronze Medal Bracket

Vocelli

And good luck to you as well, Jin.

I'm probably even more nervous about the draw of the games. There are not all that many in which I would have any hope of competing with you. But try I will :-).

I don't think you've got much to worry about, you've already beaten my all time high scores in Frogger and Toyshop Trouble this season; and I've never even played Infiltrate before. You've probably got this one, but I'll still give it the old college try! :)

• Like 1

We shall see. I might have beaten you in two of the games during the season, but I also know you are a persistent customer with great skills. The scores were close in both games, and I was at the end of my line with those as well. The opera ain't over until the fat lady sings... :-).

Let's get this started with Frogger Game A: 6,533. New personal best for me. Topped my old Highscore for Game A by 1.5k.

I concede Frogger, there's no way I could score even half that much. :lol: For the other two games I'll need a couple days to see if I'm even going to be able to play at all. For some reason the doctors haven't figured out yet I developed some pretty severe peripheral neuropathy in both my hands, feet, arms, and legs Saturday morning and it hasn't gone away yet. Basically it feels like all my limbs are half asleep with that prickly pins and needles feeling all over 24/7, so for the time being my fine motor coordination is shot all to heck and just holding a joystick is a challenge in itself.

I've still got the better part of two weeks to compete, so I'm going to wait a bit and see if this clears up, but it is possible that I may have to concede entirely at some point if my condition doesn't improve.

• Like 3

If your condition doesn't allow any decent attempts, that'd be bummer. Hope you improve, and can give all games a try. Even Frogger.

Once you get through that one hard traffic level (which happens around 3.5 or 4k (roughly), traffic resets to starting level and only the river parts get slightly harder. If you make it there with one or two lives left and keep focused, there's quite a few points to be made for relatively little danger.

@Vocelli: I am flattered that you assume I can score 11k on Frogger. But I'm afraid you noted down my recent Toyshop Trouble score in the wrong line...

Also, here's my first score for Infiltrate: 17,550 21,825. Just a tad higher than my season score. I have little to no patience for this game.

post-34656-0-11471700-1558070244_thumb.png

post-34656-0-80478700-1558081052_thumb.png

I posted this in the Classic Gaming Tracker thread in Classic Gaming General, but I felt like I should post it here as well to explain my absence from the finals:

For anyone who's curious about the thing that happened a few weeks back where my arms and legs all went numb for a couple days and I couldn't play games for a while, I thought I'd take a few minutes to fill you all in on what happened. Apparently I had serious bout of hypoglycemia (which I had no idea I even had before this) where my blood sugar was down in the 50's for a couple days and it caused some nerve damage in my hands and feet. The nerves should mostly recover with time and I can at least hold a controller and play games again now, but definitely not on any serious competitive level.

I spent a good bit of time this past week working on retraining my hands with some old favorites (Doom and Virtua Racing Deluxe on the 32X) and I'm noticing an improvement in my fine motor coordination already, and I'm also testing my blood sugar before and after every meal now to make sure it doesn't go out of whack again.

I was pretty bummed out that this all happened during the Atari 2600 HSC finals, so there was no way I could have competed for the Bronze medal title this season, but major congratulations to karokoenig on his win and hopefully by next season my hands will be in good shape to compete again! :)

Depending on how quickly my recovery goes I may try playing in the paper medal bracket, though I don't expect to score very well. Still, it's an opportunity to get my hands working again so I should give it a go even if I don't do all that well. My apologies to Vocelli for the lack of communication up to this point!

• Like 4

I posted this in the Classic Gaming Tracker thread in Classic Gaming General, but I felt like I should post it here as well to explain my absence from the finals:

Depending on how quickly my recovery goes I may try playing in the paper medal bracket, though I don't expect to score very well. Still, it's an opportunity to get my hands working again so I should give it a go even if I don't do all that well. My apologies to Vocelli for the lack of communication up to this point!

Get well m8! ... and congrats to all!