IGNORED

Hi-res scan of CCII board...

PacManPlus

Again, I just have to stress how awesome Crossbow is. Please, anyone who has 7800/2600 issues can rely on him. This the work he ended up doing:

msg-6-0-04036200-1555449793.jpg

msg-6-0-33009900-1555449805.jpg

msg-6-0-90722200-1555449823.jpg

...and it works great!

It looks like the MMC shrouds that were used don't hold up very well to repeated re-inserts (mine cracked, and I still have to fool with it to find the 'sweet spot' where the card works) but it still works!

I'm glad he talked me into keeping it. I was going to toss it.

Thank you!

• Like 4

I still have the 29th Birthday Adventure cart CPUWIZ made me... and I'll be 45 in June!

CPUWIZ made me a special cart several years ago too. CPUWIZ and Pac Man Plus have both been HUGE assets to the Atari community at large.

• Like 4

Ok.

For anyone thinking of replacing the MMC slot on their CCII with an SD or micro SD or RS-MMC slot, it won't work:

https://www.diffen.com/difference/MMC_vs_SD_Card

SD/MMC slots can read MMC cards, but MMC (only) slots cannot read SD cards. :(

Edited by PacManPlus

CPUWIZ made me a special cart several years ago too. CPUWIZ and Pac Man Plus have both been HUGE assets to the Atari community at large.

That list could get very long quickly, but both men are high on it. Both of the Al's are on it. Crossbow is on it. For those who remember Ed Siegler (I miss him) he made a HUGE difference for me in my early collecting days - I owe him a lot. Mr. Trade-N-Games himself Jason is on that list (his Atari collection is AMAZING). Metal Jesus, John Hancock, HSW, I could go on and on.

• Like 1

Kind, but I am just a dude. That was probably about a decade ago, one of these eggs has something in common, with that cart. :D

IMG-5699.JPG

• Like 2

Ha.

I looked quick and read that as, "CPUWIZ and Pac Man Plus have both been HUGE asses to the Atari community at large."

Thank you for what it *actually* reads...

BTW, awesome eggs CPUWIZ! (somehow, that doesn't sound right) :ponder:

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Ok, I attached the new shroud for the MMC card... This one was a newer one so it actually fit regular SD cards as well... So, I tried one. I had a 1Gb micro SD card in a standard SD card adapter:

post-1787-0-43618200-1556981103_thumb.png

To my surprise, it worked!!!!!

From everything I read on line, it shouldn't have. My only thought is that Chad put the correct protocols in place for the 'newer' SD cards, but still only used the older MMC shrouds (probably because that's what he already had).

This is very cool. I used this part: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Yamaichi-Electronics/FPS009-2409-0?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuJakaoiLiBpk0jQ9N%2FJxLG2b9p6QRWhow%3D

Please note that their stock photo looks different than the shrouds I got. The ones I got were better suited anyway.

Now I'm wondering if the smaller 'micro sd' card slots will work... but I don't want to mess with this any more.

• Like 5

Thank you

So I also 3D printed a modified version of the cartridge case, supporting the new SD slot on all sides (even underneath). It works wonderfully... I'm not touching this one again unless something goes wrong.

Again, I need to shout out to Crossbow, without you this cart would have went to waste.

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

None of the electronic suppliers in the US has them in stock, they are available from a seller on Ebay from the UK.   I just ordered.   I only need 2 (one for the fix and one spare) so if anyone needs one, let me know please.  should have them by or before Feb 11th.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-Yamaichi-Electronics-FPS009-2409-0-MBM1-03/391651029440?hash=item5b303871c0:g:vzsAAOSwa~BYT-KC