IGNORED

Collectorvision Phoenix Early Access status updates?

killersquirel

I can't believe that we are in April already, but I was wondering what is happening with the early access for the Phoenix? Is April still a target month for getting these out? Is there a timeframe of when it will be sent out in April?

Yes, we had some delays but Early Access should be shipped by the end of April

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/1/2019 at 12:39 PM, 9phoneman said:

Any info been waiting awhile now.

I'm a supporter and did the payment a few months ago. Any news greatly appreciated. Thank you

1 hour ago, Master Phruby said:

The other thread said it should be any week now and the regular release in late August.

The only missing part of the puzzle is finalizing the Firmware 
Other than that, everything else is done

I'll let Brian (bmack36) give you more details 

On 7/2/2019 at 4:53 PM, retroillucid said:

The only missing part of the puzzle is finalizing the Firmware 
Other than that, everything else is done

I'll let Brian (bmack36) give you more details 

bumpity bumpa bump :)

I'm also very surprised on the need to finalize the firmware impacting on the early access.  I incorrectly assumed part of the point for the early access was that we got to also experienced a working state maybe not final Phoenix firmware (since you stated before the ability to update the firmware is built in … like adding FPGA cores), therefore still giving you a chance to provide the early access owners with the hardware AND allowing you to work on the firmware for the full release and simply updating the firmware for the EA systems.

I'm cool with a delay, we want a working system after all and thankfully I'm not low on hobby's to keep me busy ;).  I do have other concerns but I'll leave that for another day

Edited by Loafer
added a comment

Excellent, love progress pics! :)  

"The official CollectorVision Phoenix Launch is going to happen this August 9th (to 11th) in Phoenix, AZ at the Game on Expo*. "  Does this mean this is when the early adopters will also start getting their Phoenix console?

Edited by Loafer

That's very fair and the right way to go.  When you know for sure the date, then spring it on us (but still very cool to know it's possibly coming sooner rather than later).  We didn't see any post by Brian, was there something specific worthy of an update to mention on the firmware?

Is the regular edition still supposed to come out in August?

1 minute ago, Loafer said:

That's very fair and the right way to go.  When you know for sure the date, then spring it on us (but still very cool to know it's possibly coming sooner rather than later).  We didn't see any post by Brian, was there something specific worthy of an update to mention on the firmware?

Is the regular edition still supposed to come out in August?

Trust me, we all can't wait to say:  ''We're shipping!'' :)

As for Brian, I can't speak for him, but I know the Phoenix team is super busy at work 

• 1 month later...