IGNORED

Season 8 ~ Losers Paper Medal Knockout Bracket

Vocelli

For those who are not familiar with Konami's ROC N ROPE, here are GEMINI's tips taken from 2600 OLD HSC Season 5, Week 22

(For more tips and infos, check out the reference mentioned above: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/120896-hsc-season-5-week-22-roc-n-rope)

• Stay perfectly still if you're on a rope and it looks like an enemy's about to touch it. If an enemy touches your rope you will only fall if you're moving!
  • So long as there's an enemy on the same row you're on, another enemy won't climb into it, nor will another enemy portal in through a door. Just be careful when an enemy does warp through a door because a new one can emerge again very quickly.
  • You can survive short falls from your rope. The maximum allowable fall distance is barely high enough to allow you to cross the lowest gap in the first level.
  • If an enemy is on the same platform as you, stun them far away from where you want to set your rope before doing so to give yourself an extra moment to escape.
  • Any of you thinking that the 20 points you earn from stunning enemies can be used to quickly boost your score, think again. You only earn those points if the enemy is freshly stunned, and by the time you earn another 20 you've lost far more points from the bonus timer.
Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 1

Roc'n Rope:

post-34560-0-30492600-1557079329.png

Wow, I experienced a glitch in this game (one of my other runs). I was about to get clobbered and panicked, trying to flash the monster. My rope whipped all over the place and I fell through to the platform below with my flashlight beaming! The monster was frozen and I didn't get hurt from the fall...

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

Hooray!

I just destroyed another controller!!

My beloved favorite PC controller, the Saitek P220 -- I've lost two (from packing them around with me and using them on the go) and now defeated one.

The only other controller I destroyed simply by using it so much was a beloved favorite Atari controller, the mighty CX-40 -- Also thanks to the 2600 HSC!!

This is one of those games where you'll have a string of bad runs, then get that really good game, followed by another string of bad ones. Like Oyama said, the key is just to be patient. On the later levels, I didn't even bother trying to get the power-ups because they don't last that long.

• Like 1

ROC N ROPE: 2 new improvements on May 12th, 2019

attachicon.gifRoc 'n Rope (1984) (Coleco)_5.png

attachicon.gifRoc 'n Rope (1984) (Coleco)_6.png

Peter Nadalin, it's your turn. Concentration and patience are the main keys for the victory!

I don't think I have much more in me, Ill try my luck on the Console for a while maybe it will be a change I need.

ROC 'N' ROPE 1BB : 81,320

post-47114-0-71735800-1557754739_thumb.jpg

• Like 2