IGNORED

Yet, another ColecoVision Vaporware

retroillucid

You can move and shoot with the keypad.  I miss word it when I wrote the manual. 

I meant that if you want to use the fire1 button and fire in a direction, you'll have to move in that direction and fire.  So that threw off that line about being stationary and using the keypad to fire. 

So, you can shoot in the direction you want with the keypad and move your ship.

So just to clarify:

You can use the joystick to only move the ship and use the keypad to only fire lasers in the 4 directions you want?

Meaning you could be pressing the joystick up, to move the ship up, and at the same time while moving up, press the number 4 keypad key to shoot left/backwards? 

Is this correct?

On 8/31/2019 at 7:41 PM, retroillucid said:

UPDATE: 

If you missed out Vanguard, don't worry
We'll have another batch in less than a month! :)

Just received my copy.  CIB looks great!  Can't wait to receive my Phoenix console, so I can play this.

Vanguard.jpg

Vanguard Bk.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, doubledown said:

Not Mine...but 4 copies of Vanguard up on ebay for those who missed:

LINK

Again not mine, and not supporting scalper resale, I just know some were disappointed they missed the first 2 batches

Hmm.  This is too bad, but explains where four of them ended up.:thumbsdown:

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Hmm.  This is too bad, but explains where four of them ended up.:thumbsdown:

I have a suspicion this is just like good deal games on eBay or closely related to it. He works with Albert on selling games from the store. Selling a $67 shipped games on eBay for $77 shipped isn't typical flipping/scalping.

1 minute ago, Swami said:

I have a suspicion this is just like good deal games on eBay or closely related to it. He works with Albert on selling games from the store. Selling a $67 shipped games on eBay for $77 shipped isn't typical flipping/scalping.

I agree that the price is not typical of a scalper, however, that’s still four games that could have been available to others at their normal price. Having said this, if it’s Good Deal Games and these sales help keep their online store running, I’m fine with that.

1 minute ago, sramirez2008 said:

I agree that the price is not typical of a scalper, however, that’s still four games that could have been available to others at their normal price. Having said this, if it’s Good Deal Games and these sales help keep their online store running, I’m fine with that.

It probably helps increase homebrew sales, but for these ones that sell out fast, yeah, a few people do get stuck with higher prices.

11 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

@retroillucid Will CollectorVision have a both at PRGE?

I think John is going to be there
As for Toby and myself, having done the PAX East, Game On Expo is already alot to us
I can't attend too much conventions in a year as I have agoraphobia wich make it alot harder for me
But I'm getting better at it

22 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

I think John is going to be there
As for Toby and myself, having done the PAX East, Game On Expo is already alot to us
I can't attend too much conventions in a year as I have agoraphobia wich make it alot harder for me
But I'm getting better at it

Will there be any games for sale?

• 4 weeks later...

Questions about scoring:

In the last Rainbow Zone, Ammo scores 100 points in the ColecoVision version but the arcade version scores 120.  Was there a reason for this difference in scoring?

In the Bleak Zone, the second batch of enemies are Romeda.  The ColecoVision manual states these score 100-400, but the arcade scores 100 and I have yet to get more than 100 per Romeda on the ColecoVision.  Is this a copy/paste error in the manual from Kemlus?  What is the actual point range for Romeda in the Bleak Zone on the ColecoVision version of Vanguard?

The ColecoVision manual states "There are 11 speech samples in this game.  I couldn't figure out which the other 2 samples are and when they play."  Do you mean something beyond what I have listed below?

1. "Bon Voyage" at start of game
  2. "Let's Attack" when passing thru POWER
  3. "Be Careful" when POWER is running out
  4. "Rainbow Zone" when entering that zone
  5. "Styx Zone" when entering that zone
  6. "Stripe Zone" when entering that zone
  7. "Bleak Zone" when entering that zone
  8. "Keep Quiet" when mounting a Kemlus
  9. "Last Zone" when entering that zone aka Mystery City
  10. "Congratulations" when defeating Gond in the Last Zone
  11. "Good Luck" at the start of round 2 or greater

Not exactly speech:

1. Giggling after mounting a Kemlus
  2. Laughter from Gond in the Last Zone

2 hours ago, Troy_Whelan said:

Questions about scoring:

In the last Rainbow Zone, Ammo scores 100 points in the ColecoVision version but the arcade version scores 120.  Was there a reason for this difference in scoring?

In the Bleak Zone, the second batch of enemies are Romeda.  The ColecoVision manual states these score 100-400, but the arcade scores 100 and I have yet to get more than 100 per Romeda on the ColecoVision.  Is this a copy/paste error in the manual from Kemlus?  What is the actual point range for Romeda in the Bleak Zone on the ColecoVision version of Vanguard? 

Ammo is only in Rainbow Zone 2, arcade manual said they score 120.  Helm, which scores 80 points, is in Rainbow Zone 1 and 3.    As for Romeda, yes it is copy and paste error, sorry.  Romeda is 100 points each.  I recheck to make sure.  Unfortuately, Kemlus is 100 each in the Colecovision version and not 100-400 points like the arcade, that was my error. 

The speech are from, https://samples.mameworld.info/Unofficial Samples.htm

vg_voi-c.wav - I don't know what it is saying.  I don't know how this one is triggered. 

vg_voi-d.wav - "Very good" - Not sure how this one is triggered.
vg_voi-f.wav - "I'm angry."  I don't know how this one is triggered.  I tried to put a swear word entered on the high score screen, no dice. 

Giggling Kemlus is speech for the arcade, but I didn't want to halt the game too long after playing "Keep quiet.", so I used the sound to play the giggling.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:17 AM, Kiwi said:

vg_voi-c.wav - I don't know what it is saying.  I don't know how this one is triggered. 

vg_voi-d.wav - "Very good" - Not sure how this one is triggered.
vg_voi-f.wav - "I'm angry."  I don't know how this one is triggered.  I tried to put a swear word entered on the high score screen, no dice. 

I listened to those 3 several times, and although I could not find where these were triggered either, this is what I think they are saying.

C - "Keep You Away"

D - "Very Good"

F - "I'm Hungry"

I even tried playing (not the CV version) and waiting until the last second to fire on Gond, thereby scoring 8000 points, thinking one of those would be heard but nothing new was heard.