I think it's working great, the out of bounds functionality make you hit it a bit more carefully. 

On 7/15/2019 at 12:38 PM, atari2600land said:

Working on this some more. Here's a sneak peek:

golftitlescreen20190715.png.27ce1a82caff60c379a314ec16260875.png

Ok, that is arguably the best bitmap graphic I've _EVER_ seen on a Channel F.

• Like 1

Went back to the old way of controlling (hold fire for length of shot). Added an arrow to show the way the ball will go before you take a shot. Choose the way the ball goes with the joystick.

golf68.bin

• Like 2

On 7/9/2019 at 6:55 AM, atari2600land said:

Where do I put the BIOS files?

EDIT: Never mind. Got it running.

How did you get it running under a new mess / mame setup? I've been trying for half an hour and I haven't got a clue how to get a game working on either of them.

Nevermind, I worked out that if I downloaded regular mess from http://www.progettosnaps.net/mess/ and ensured the channelf cfg file was in the directory it just seemed to work if I loaded that first then selected the rom in the media folder.

I feel like the controller style in 68 is better if intended for a real channel f controller, I don't feel like on a PC keyboard there is much difference between the two, but holding the button down on a real controller will feel more comfortable.

Edited by Mikebloke

I also like the version 68 controls when using a real stick (have a Video Command stick in a USB joystick adapter hooked to the PC).  

On 7/17/2019 at 5:48 PM, tschak909 said:

Ok, that is arguably the best bitmap graphic I've _EVER_ seen on a Channel F.

I guess you haven't seen this one. 

Yearning_to_Fly.jpg

• Like 3

I was going to work on this game today, but noooo. Dumb computer decided it wants to update. It's been two hours now and I can't do anything on it because it's stuck at 27% completed.

I got back to work at this and made a 16th hole, so it's almost finished. I need to get back to work on this some more and just finish it. All I need to do is add 2 more holes.

Update: 18 holes have been designed! I didn't think I could do it. I originally was going to have just 9. The game has at least 5,526 lines long, not include the graphics data and other stuff. So it's a big game, 8k. Just like Pac-Man.

• Like 4