IGNORED

Problematic Intellivision PSU

So I'm currently doing some maintenance and cleaning of my Intellivision console and while doing some research on the machines schematic I came across the chart below and figured I might as well give it a try. And I'm pretty happy that I did for I got some readings that I hope you guys might be able to help me with.

Intellivision-I-Power-Supply-Test-Points

So, using the above chart I mapped out the suggested test points. TP-1,2,3 and 5 are all good but TP-4 gives +25.6V and TP-6 outputs +13.8V. Since TP-4 is directly connected to C3 I figured I might as well replace it as I have a decent number of 2200uF/50V capacitors lying around, however the TP-4 and 6 voltage levels remain the same. Unfortunately I don't have any to replace C1 with (10000uF/16V).

Normally, voltage that high above their suggested levels are not good for a console though I wonder, could this be due to me having a Pal console, a different revision or any other possible reason? Also, I suppose I should add that I tested it while unconnected to the console.

Edited by Macross_VF1

Exactly, I would test these points again with it connected to the main board and with a game running.

Tested again while connected to the main board and a game running. TP-4 is still a bit high, though perhaps not overly so at 19V, and TP-6 outputs a far more reasonable 5.85V. So probably just a false alarm then. Oh well, better to be safe than sorry with electronics that are this old.