IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Golf version 6

RSS Bot

My stupid computer has developed a habit of resetting itself when I'm trying to work on something. Last night, I was testing the game on MESS when it decided to restart itself. Luckily, I had the game saved, so I didn't have to redo anything, but I fear the day will come when I'm working feverishly and it decides to do that right in the middle of programming this game.

I added the power meter, the guy positions himself at the ball when it stops moving, and, new for today, added a little song to play when the ball goes in the hole. Ideally, when the song is done playing it will go on to the next hole, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I still need to add water collision, the ball can go in the water and nothing happens. Not sure what to do when the ball goes in the water. Is it a one-stroke penalty and I place the ball on the water's edge? How come there's no water in the Atari/Odyssey 2 versions?

Programming this game turned out to be easier than I thought it would be. Although in the end, I think it will need to be 4k. I've only got one hole almost done and I almost filled up 2k! I hope that all I'd need to do is design more holes and put them in once I get the game's "engine" finished. I need to add water collision and I also need to make it check to see if the ball has gone off the screen. For that, I plan to just have the ball stop no matter how much power is left on the meter. Yes, I know I said I'd take a vacation from this game, but like i said, it seems to be easier than I anticipated.

I was asleep all night, a first for me. I'm trying to turn my life around so I'm awake during the day and asleep at night like a normal person. So in case you're wondering how, yes, I slept a ton yesterday. And I'm still sleepy.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15700-golf-version-6/