IGNORED

Connecting Atari 800XL to Internet BBS

annomatik

ok, but what seem common(read in multi threads on AA) is.. that Terminal cable for MMS-100 and modem cable for UDS-100.. ??? I have the UDS.. I have made a MODEM cable.. and its not working.

James

Sorry, I can’t help with the UDS. I use the MSS100 myself.

Are you sure the UDS is working at all? In other words, do you have another way to log in to it, verify the port and network settings, etc? The MSS

lets you connect via the serial port or the Ethernet LAN port, which is handy if you need to reboot it or something.

Sorry, I can’t help with the UDS. I use the MSS100 myself.

Are you sure the UDS is working at all? In other words, do you have another way to log in to it, verify the port and network settings, etc? The MSS

lets you connect via the serial port or the Ethernet LAN port, which is handy if you need to reboot it or something.

Through my network from my i7pc I have the Lantronix device installer software.. it is seeing it.. I can configure it.. I can telnet into it.. but I cannot seem to get the Atari Terminal program to work with it.

James

YES.. it is "working" now.. but no communication I can use.. I could upload a video or link to it I guess. I am right there.. its just some translation issue I think. Anyone know a terminal program for the windows pc that I could hook the UDS-10 to that.. see if it works the same etc.. on it??

James

crap..so it was not me.. it was the host.. I was trying to connect with The Brewing Academy and it was not getting past the login.. but others once I got their numbered addresses were able to work. I think I still might be having some issues with 9600 baud. but overall its working.

Seems various boards I log on to have different things.. if it disconnects proper.. if it wants a specific enter to log in etc..

I have not got IceT to work yet.. but I remember another thread.. so I will be looking there.. that has to do with the PRC.SYS I think.. though I did try it.. and dont remember anything working better.. but we will see.

James

crap..so it was not me.. it was the host.. I was trying to connect with The Brewing Academy and it was not getting past the login.. but others once I got their numbered addresses were able to work. I think I still might be having some issues with 9600 baud. but overall its working.

Seems various boards I log on to have different things.. if it disconnects proper.. if it wants a specific enter to log in etc..

I have not got IceT to work yet.. but I remember another thread.. so I will be looking there.. that has to do with the PRC.SYS I think.. though I did try it.. and dont remember anything working better.. but we will see.

James

I've personally had issues getting to the Brewing Academy myself... I've been relying on JP to verify that link... it's only recently that I've been able to connect myself.

That said, do you know the atari BBS list at www.sfqhbbs.org/ataribbslist.php does IP addresses now if you flick the radio button to IP's?

It's a real-time DNS resolution every time you update the page.

• Like 1

interesting, I copy paste your link tillek, and I get nothing.... is that down as well?

brewing academy did not connect properly using hyper term, ms dos telnet, nor any of my lantronix boxes.... try some other bbs's

Edited by _The Doctor__