IGNORED

ABBUC Magazine Issue #136

Philsan

I found my ABBUC #138 magazine, which means I also have the disk hidden among my floppy disk cases. #137, 138, 139...check!

Though I still need to learn Deutsche, so I can read the magazines. I took a half-semester of German language class in high-school, but it was in the beginning of the day, which cut into my 16-year old beauty sleep time, so I received a D grade. I took German language again for a semester in college, but then switched to Spanish because I have more use for it in the U.S., and also because of a tall brunette Russian that took the same class.;) But I at least know how sentence structure works, so I just need to learn the words that are in no way spelled or sound like their English counterparts.  :dunce: Mein Speilenplaten ist kaput.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Haha 1

I’m waiting for that google translate camera mode to get better! It just about works well enough to read them slowly:)

Really should learn German though since it’s a national language here (written at least!), though have to get my B2 French first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andymanone said:

Did you mean: "Mein Plattenspieler ist kaputt"??

Gtx.,

andY

I guess my spelling is wrong. But no, I meant my game board is broken, not my record player is broken. Did I "say" it wrong?:lol: Not surprised...

Edited by Gunstar
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, foft said:

I’m waiting for that google translate camera mode to get better! It just about works well enough to read them slowly:)

Really should learn German though since it’s a national language here (written at least!), though have to get my B2 French first.

Just to put even more pressure on myself: Magazine 139 will be available in english soon, and we try to deliver the english version of the next issue not much later than the german version. Just don´t stop asking, I take that as a positive feedback that shows me, that it´s worth doing it.

Edited by skr
typo spottet by CharlieChaplin fixed
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, skr said:

Just to put even more pressure on myself: Magazine 139 will be available in english soon, and we try to deliver the english version of the next issue not much later than the german version. Just don´t stop asking, I take that as a positive feedback that shows me, that it´s worth doing it.

Fixed that for ya!   ;-)

15 minutes ago, skr said:

I'm glad I sent the application for membership today ?

• Like 1

@skr - I certainly do not want to pressure you, but I would love to see an English version of the ABBUC magazine. The Google Translate camera mode has improved, but an English version would be great. 

I still stay an ABBUC member (despite my lack of German) because I want to support it and the fantastic software contest. 

It would also be useful if we had another way to pay besides PayPal. Being from the US, bank transfers do not really work for me. 

Bob C

7 hours ago, darwinmac said:

It would also be useful if we had another way to pay besides PayPal. Being from the US, bank transfers do not really work for me. 

So, what other ways could that be, that work for you?

I know, that wiring sometimes is not very easy. This is, why I personally prefer PayPal.

We are open for any suggestion and check it, to make it as easy and convenient for everyone.

1 hour ago, Philsan said:

Is it now possible to pay with Paypal?

Yes, it is! Please contact 8bitjunkie (cashier) directly or write an email to vorstand@abbuc.de to get the details. Right now Thomas handles this with his private PayPal account, to make things easier. We probably will have an official ABBUC-PayPal account one day, but right now this is the way we go.

4 hours ago, skr said:
Yes, it is! Please contact 8bitjunkie (cashier) directly or write an email to vorstand@abbuc.de to get the details. Right now Thomas handles this with his private PayPal account, to make things easier. We probably will have an official ABBUC-PayPal account one day, but right now this is the way we go.

Thanks.
As usual, on December I paid with bank.
I will use PayPal next year.

For me it's not a big problem but nowadays people like easy subscriptions and renewal procedures.

8 hours ago, skr said:

So, what other ways could that be, that work for you?

I know, that wiring sometimes is not very easy. This is, why I personally prefer PayPal.

We are open for any suggestion and check it, to make it as easy and convenient for everyone.

I am used to other websites where, if PayPal is used, it allows you to enter your credit card information without needing a PayPal account yourself. 

I have also seen other websites that use Square, or something similar. However, I do not know how expensive the transaction fees are for those services. 

For small websites, like ABBUC, I always prefer a third-party payment system. 

The larger request would be for a way to notify us that our membership is expiring. Since you have our emails, a simple blast works be helpful to let us know our membership is expiring. 

After having it expire on me last time without knowing it, I put a reminder on my phone for 2021 when my ABBUC membership expires (I purchased two years so it would not happen again). 

Compared to reading the magazine in English, these are very small items. 

We will need to know the new PayPal address for sending membership renewals though. 

Thank you all for taking over the leadership of ABBUC. 

Bob C

• 3 weeks later...