IGNORED

MEGA MENU for TIPI

wolhess

Hello to all here in this phantastic forum,

today it is time to share a small programm to access a lot of games and applications in an easy way.

I named the program "Mega Menu"

it is currently in German but I add a manual in English and it works only with a TIPI system from 1.0betav34 and RXB.
So I know I have much room for improvements.

post-62965-0-13858500-1554666382.jpg

But the program is not just another menu program.
- It shows date and time from the tipi system

- The program shows the RXB version used

- There are three screen displays with 30 menu entries each

- It shows the mapped folders to the drives DSK1, DSK2 and DSK3

- Use CTRL + 1 to 3 to change the drive mapping from every screen

- Use CTRL + D to catalog DSK1 - 3

- Use CTRL + C to configure your own programs in the selection screen or make a individual submenu

For more informations please read the MEGA MENU Manual

MegaMenu_Manual.pdf

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

See the attached zip file with the MEGA MENU program and a copy of some games and applications I got from this forum.

To install the program please unzip the file in your TIPI folder.

This will add some subfolders named in the manual.

MMTIPI.zip

Enjoy the program and have fun trying it out

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

MEGA MENU v1.8 - Update: Apr/14/2019

Today I release the version 1.8 beta of my menu program.

MM18.zip

and the updated documentation:

MegaMenu18.pdf

To install the updated version without trouble, please copy the new files from the MM18.zip file into the TIPI.MM folder. Your entire menu configuration is retained.

Changes to the last version 1.4 are:

- multilingualism for English and German
Now it is easy to create other language files maybe in Italian, Spanish or French.
If you look at the new updated MM18.dsk, there are some new files:
1. MM-SETUP setup for language, language-file, printer and screen copy counter
2. MM-GER German language file
3. MM-ENG English language file

- new menu screen commands CTRL+P for print screen and CTRL+S for save screen

- Speech Synthesizer support for program start, print menu screen and save menu screen
I added that because the load time and the screen dump times have become very long. I hope that
will improve a lot if I can compile the main program.

TIP: If you edit the language file with EDIT40 and add your name at position “T002$:” after the colon
you have a personalized menu system with your name in the greeting line.

Here is the complete package with all programs in DSSD 80 TRACK disk image files.

An Overview of the DSK content and the copy paths is in the pdf on page 10!

MM18_disk_images.zip

• Like 11

• 4 weeks later...

MEGA MENU v2.16 - new version - Mai/08/2019

Hello,

Today I present my new version of the MEGA MENU program.

The program now runs with a standard XB cartridge and the main program is compiled with Senior_Falcon’s XB256 compiler. The speed of the program is quite acceptable (I think!).

post-62965-0-58514100-1557329606.jpg post-62965-0-06390100-1557329680.jpg

New in Version 2.16
- You can use Mega Menu with standard XB and hopefully with all XB cartridges
- CTRL+T starts the SETUP program
You can change the language between English and German with the built-in setup program and you can
configure the printer and the file number for saving a menu screen to disk.

- Extentions in the MM config menu:
- You can specify the boot drive from which the program should start. Default is DSK1.
- The path of the program is the default DSK1 mapping for tipi. That can be changed.
- For each menu item you can specify a path for DSK1, DSK2 and DSK3 individually.
- For using in standard XB and for an EA3 program now a LINKNAME can be configured
- The main program and the setup program are compiled with the XBGDP, the Extended Basic Game
Developer Package Version “Isabella”, provided from Senior_Falcon.
- The Mega Menu program package in the ZIP file installs only one directory "TIPI.MM." in the TIPI main
path. All other directories are created under "TIPI.MM.P.XXX". Thus, the program package can be easily
tested and, if desired, also removed.

Attached is the complete MM package with the program files and the DEMO programs.
For installation, all files are simply unpacked into the TIPI directory.
"TIPI.MM" contains the Mega Menu programs
"TIPI.MM.P" contains the DEMO program folder and programs

MM216.zip

Here is the new manual:

MegaMenu-216.pdf

And here is the complete package with all programs in DSSD 80 TRACK disk image files.

An Overview of the DSK content and the copy paths is in the pdf on page 14!

MM216-DISKS.zip

Edited by wolhess
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Hello,

MEGA MENU v2.47  -  New version:  Dec/12/2019

New in version 2.47
- Additional support for alarming. Remind Alarm is a new function of the MEGA MENU program. This
  function complements the calendar program REMIND ME (by John A. Johnson).
- New and fast HELP-Screens for the MEGA MENU program and the Remind Alarm function.
- Some changes for better reliability, e.g. Error Handling
- Extension of the setup program for the configuration of Remind Alarm.
-  Mega Menu now works in classic99. However, only DSK1, DSK2 and DSK3 are supported.

image.thumb.png.dab647c67b5b6bf4013acb46bb3920c7.png

image.png.ede987f6a185aadbc2b6dd1de330cc8d.png image.png.da5a6fdc9997099fdf3fa1a47728904e.png image.png.46fbed7f507b587531f64de02bfd8e5f.png  

The alarm function in the MEGA MENU program

How do I use this new feature?

Use your Remind Me program for your appointments. Make an entry with the time you want to be notified and enter a short comment. Save your entries before quitting the program!              
If you then work with the MEGA MENU program, the program waits for your selection and works as usual.

Approximately three minutes after you start the MEGA MENU program, the program will search your Remind Me program calendar file. If an entry exists, it will be signaled in a calendar icon on the menu screen.
With CTRL + E you can view the calendar entries.

If the program in the Remind Me file of the current month finds a left-aligned time entry at the position of the current day and the time is almost reached or the time is in the past,
the program screen changes to the alarm screen and displays the time and comment, you entered in the program Remind Me.

The alarm screen plays a small sequence of sounds until you press the ENTER key and confirm the alarm.

If an alarm has been acknowledged, Mega Menu marks this in the Remind Me file with a "-" after the time entry. If the program Mega Menu is restarted, there will be no new alarm for this entry.

With CTRL + E you can show the marker in the Mega Menu or you can look in the program Remind Me.

Attached is the complete MM package with the program files and the DEMO programs.

MM247.zip

Here is the new manual:

MegaMenu-247.pdf

Have fun with the new Mega Menu Program and Happy Alarming!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

If anybody will use the Mega Menu v2.47 in classic99 here is the package configured for classic99: 

MM247C99.zip

The zip file contains three folders for DSK1, DSK2 and DSK3

Please configure the classic 99 disks as follows:

DSK1 --> MM_C99_DSK1

DSK2 --> MM_C99_DSK2

DSK3 --> MM_C99_DSK3

Use Disk Type  "Files (FIAD)" and "allow more than 127 files"! 

If you select XB or RXB the program will autoload the MEGA MENU program and you can try the DEMO programs.
You can also use the REMIND ME calendar program to test the alarming function.

• Like 5

On 12/12/2019 at 9:58 AM, wolhess said:

Hello,

MEGA MENU v2.47  -  New version:  Dec/12/2019

New in version 2.47
- Additional support for alarming. Remind Alarm is a new function of the MEGA MENU program. This
  function complements the calendar program REMIND ME (by John A. Johnson).
- New and fast HELP-Screens for the MEGA MENU program and the Remind Alarm function.
- Some changes for better reliability, e.g. Error Handling
- Extension of the setup program for the configuration of Remind Alarm.
-  Mega Menu now works in classic99. However, only DSK1, DSK2 and DSK3 are supported.

image.thumb.png.dab647c67b5b6bf4013acb46bb3920c7.png

image.png.ede987f6a185aadbc2b6dd1de330cc8d.png image.png.da5a6fdc9997099fdf3fa1a47728904e.png image.png.46fbed7f507b587531f64de02bfd8e5f.png  

The alarm function in the MEGA MENU program

How do I use this new feature?

Use your Remind Me program for your appointments. Make an entry with the time you want to be notified and enter a short comment. Save your entries before quitting the program!              
If you then work with the MEGA MENU program, the program waits for your selection and works as usual.

Approximately three minutes after you start the MEGA MENU program, the program will search your Remind Me program calendar file. If an entry exists, it will be signaled in a calendar icon on the menu screen.
With CTRL + E you can view the calendar entries.

If the program in the Remind Me file of the current month finds a left-aligned time entry at the position of the current day and the time is almost reached or the time is in the past,
the program screen changes to the alarm screen and displays the time and comment, you entered in the program Remind Me.

The alarm screen plays a small sequence of sounds until you press the ENTER key and confirm the alarm.

If an alarm has been acknowledged, Mega Menu marks this in the Remind Me file with a "-" after the time entry. If the program Mega Menu is restarted, there will be no new alarm for this entry.

With CTRL + E you can show the marker in the Mega Menu or you can look in the program Remind Me.

MM247.zip 3.34 MB · 12 downloads

Here is the new manual:

MegaMenu-247.pdf 438.56 kB · 10 downloads

Have fun with the new Mega Menu Program and Happy Alarming!

I'll check this out, it looks pretty nice.  I like the functionality with Remind ME!  

• Like 2

Thank You Sir!

I found a failure in the MEGA MENU v2.47 TIPI package. My LOAD program for the music selection doesn't use the right path for DSK1.

please change the LOAD file in the folder TIPI.MM.P.MUSIK
to the correct LOAD program:

LOAD

On Monday I got my second TIPI card from arcadeshopper, so I could check on a real second TI.

For testing it is easy to use the classic 99 version (see post #12), if you want to test on a real TI here is

the complete package for Download with the correct LOAD file for playing music:

MM247A.zip

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Hello,

MEGA MENU v2.48 – New version:  Feb / 27 / 2020

In the last day’s I got some feedback from Tim (twoodland) to correct some texts in the Menga Menu program and here is the new version.

New in version 2.48

This version is only a maintenance release with the following fixes:
- Correction in the title screen: "TI-99 / 4a Home Computer", in v2.47 "Homecomputer" was displayed.
- Correction in the English language file "MM-ENG":
   In line 8 = variable T007$ new "loading menu-data", in v2.47 "loading menue-data" was displayed.
   In line 32 = variable T211$ new "menu-text", in v2.47 "menu-texts" was displayed in the menu config
   screen.

Many thanks to Tim (atariage user: twoodland) for giving me this suggestions!

- Fixes in the Mega Menu program loader (file: MML)
  If a menu selection was called up with a submenu and the setup program was called up with CTRL+T in  
  the submenu, an "Bad Value" error occurred in line 1040 (fixed in MML v2.48).

MegaMenu-248.pdf       the new manual

MM248.zip                   the complete package

MM248_DISKS.zip        the complete package in v9t9 disk images

MM248_UPDATE.zip      only the five updated files

Update Mega Menu from version 2.47 to 2.48

If you want to update your existing Mega Menu system from the version 2.47 to the version 2.48
you can easy unzip the file MM248_update.ZIP in your TIPI folder TIPI.MM.
This change five files in the Mega Menu root path:

TIPI.MM.MM
                              TIPI.MM.MM-X
                              TIPI.MM.MM-Y
                              TIPI.MM.MM-ENG
                              TIPI.MM.MM-MML

That’s it, enjoy the new version!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi again,

Mega Menu Workshop #1:

How to compile the Mega Menu program?

For those who want to make their own changes in the mega menu program, I have prepared a small guide
here to compile the program with Harry Wilhelm's XB compiler (included in his Extended Basic Game Development Package XBGDP).

WS-MM-01_Mega Menu compiling instructions.pdf

Have fun trying!

• Like 4

Hi again,

Mega Menu Workshop #2:

How to change some texts in the Mega Menu program?

For everyone who wants to change a text in the Mega Menu Program, I have created a small guide.

You can also translate all texts into another language. If somebody does that, please send me the file
and I will add it to the Mega Menu program package.

WS-MM-02_Mega Menu edit language file.pdf

Have fun changing!

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

This is the Mega Menu Workshop #3:

Do you have a TIPI system and want to start more than 300 games and programs
from the TI-99/4a website quickly and easily on your home computer?

This is now possible with the TI-99 / 4a Game Shelf add on for the Mega Menu program system!

Do you want an alphabetically sorted overview of all games from the TI-99/4a Game Shelf website
and easy and quick access to the game and the existing instructions?

For this the following "Game Shelf Book" is now available:

GameShelfBook.JPG.b92273ee0550efee62c025ed713b60a8.JPG

TI-99 GameShelf_2020-04-08.pdf

The Mega Menu Workshop # 3 describes the installation and execution of the programs from the
TI-99/4a Game Shelf website on your TI-99 home computer with the TIPI extension.

WS-MM-03r2_Mega Menu_Game Shelf_add on.pdf   *) new revision 2

The following file contains the Game Shelf add on for installation on a tipi system with the Mega Menu installed:

MM248-GS-ADDON.zip

In your TIPI system, please unpack the file MM248-GS-ADDON.zip into the TIPI directory \\tipi\MM\.

The additional files are installed in your TIPI system and you can run the games.

If you are installing the Mega Menu system for the first time, please use the following complete package with the Mega Menu system and the game shelf programs included:

MM248-GS.zip

To install the complete Mega Menu system with the Game Shelf Add On please unpack the file MM248-GS.zip in your TIPI root directory \\tipi\.

Have fun with more than 300 games in an easy access with your TIPI system.

I would like to thank Vorticon for providing the programs on the TI Game Shelf website

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Finally got a chance to try Mega Menu after I got my TIPI set up. This is an incredibly useful program! I really like it. I haven't had the time yet to fully test all of its capabilities, but having this done in XB is impressive. I have added my favorite development tools to the menu and they all run without any problems (assuming the auto-DSK1 feature is set in TIPI config).

Well done!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Finally got a chance to try Mega Menu after I got my TIPI set up. This is an incredibly useful program! I really like it. I haven't had the time yet to fully test all of its capabilities, but having this done in XB is impressive. I have added my favorite development tools to the menu and they all run without any problems (assuming the auto-DSK1 feature is set in TIPI config).

Well done!

Hi @Vorticon, thank you for testing Mega Menu and nice you have your tipi up and running.

Did you use the alarming timer with the remind me calendar program?

I used some time ago the auto-DSK1 feature, and it was working for me. Currently it is set to off in my system, so I have to setup the DSK mapping in the Mega Menu configuration path for DSK1. This is also working for me.

If you use the Mega Menu add on from post #19 you have access to most of the Game Shelf programs and games from the Menu system. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wolhess said:

Hi @Vorticon, thank you for testing Mega Menu and nice you have your tipi up and running.

Did you use the alarming timer with the remind me calendar program?

I used some time ago the auto-DSK1 feature, and it was working for me. Currently it is set to off in my system, so I have to setup the DSK mapping in the Mega Menu configuration path for DSK1. This is also working for me.

If you use the Mega Menu add on from post #19 you have access to most of the Game Shelf programs and games from the Menu system. 

I did set a reminder for the next TI Zoom meeting :)

And yes I am using the latest version of Mega Menu with the Gameshelf addition which works very well. 

You clearly put a lot of effort into this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 4:02 PM, Vorticon said:

I have added my favorite development tools to the menu and they all run without any problems

Hi Vorticon,

I'm very interested in your Mega Menu configuration. If you will, please share a picture of your main menu screen.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2020 at 2:57 AM, wolhess said:

Hi Vorticon,

I'm very interested in your Mega Menu configuration. If you will, please share a picture of your main menu screen.

Nothing special really. I added Preditor and Funnelweb for my development needs then brought out a few of my frequently used programs to the main menu. I do plan to create a submenu with all the software I personally developed for ease of access.

20200718_065612.thumb.jpg.76d47858c419b3bf74eda3505f8cb89d.jpg

• Like 2