IGNORED

Rally Racer

Carpenter

Has anyone from the US received their copy yet? According to the tracking number, my copy should have entered the US on March 25th. Seems like it's taking longer than normal to reach me. :(

Mine took awhile. Mine shipped March 21st and I just received yesterday, April 20th. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!
New website! ;-)

MORE WORK Games
www.morework.com.br

For those who already purchased the game RALLY RACER, find more tips to achieve better scores!

Hope you like it!

[ And if anyone has any extra tips, send us a message by email (contato@morework.com.br) that we will post on the website! ]

L. Camara

post-13305-0-94710200-1557073159_thumb.jpg

Edited by HSW3ET
  • Like 3

Love the graphics and the different cars. I wish someone would build a game around the Tesla Model 3. Race and recharge!

I like it as well. Lots of nicely rendered obstacles to avoid. The only issue I have, is I would have liked for it to make use of the paddle controller.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RALLY RACER [ ATARI 2600 ]

STAGE 1 - Desert Zone [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGuBkPMd34A ]
Stretch 3 Complete: Marrakech to Tan-Tan [ 195 Miles ]
Finish Line: Dakhla
PS: No Bonus! Ferrari Testarossa from Out Run appears.

STAGE 2 - Night Route [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXH041dmA2Q ]
Stretch 3 Complete: Tambacounda to Dakar [ 200 Miles ]
Finish Line: Saint-Louis
PS: No Bonus! Enduro race car appears.

STAGE 3 - Floodplain [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOke3NpepTI ]
Stretch 3 Complete: Cordoba to San Juan [ 205 Miles ]
Finish Line: Mendoza
PS: No Bonus! Herbie appears.

STAGE 4 - Rocky Trail [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_RFfZviIZ4 ]
Stretch 3 Complete: Lima to Cusco [ 210 Miles ]
Finish Line: Machu Picchu
PS: No Bonus! DeLorean [ Time Machine ] appears.

MORE WORK Games
https://www.facebook.com/moreworkgames/
contato@morework.com.br
www.morework.com.br

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, are you enjoying the Rally Racer?

I just found an easter egg!! 
At a certain point in the race, I don't know exactly what I did and I entered this bonus screen.

I read the entire game manual, as tips from the pilot, but didn’t find any concrete information.

See the picture, Lancia Stratus on the screen! 

Anyone found this? How can i do this again??

?E3B335D1-8C5F-4484-A910-95BE69A0B6F0.thumb.jpeg.f3ffb4b5cf73c8405dbb362a680ca70d.jpeg

Edited by RodrigoAB
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2019 at 1:52 PM, hizzy said:

Any reviews of the game? :)

RALLY RACER - MORE WORK GAMES | ATARI 2600
======================

Friday, a day to try out "More Work Game" second game, Rally Racer. What a excellent choice!

Opening the box, I found a well-crafted material, containing many more printed pieces than a traditional Atari game. A rich illustrated instruction manual, logbook and record sheet for record and distance notes with a stunning map on the back, rarely seen on this platform!

It also incorporates a "English version" manual, some leaflets containing extra information such as upcoming games to be released.

In principle, the game reminded me of Enduro, a classic from Activision and Atari. Big mistake, Rally Racer is much more engaging and addictive!

Reading the instructions of the game, I realize that my Atari becomes the control panel of the Lancia Stratus HF 1973, where I have control of the music radio (color key), Pit Stop (selector key) and can even restart at a certain stage using the Power key to skip the steps!

This game has already caught my attention because one of the passages takes place in the South (Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina), a place I know very well, after all is my home!

I search the map from which I leave and the routes I will take, opening my curiosity to read the Pilot Diary. So I put the helmet on, not to take it off anymore!

With good graphics, it didn't take long to understand the dynamics of the game. On the TV screen, I can easily identify the odometer, distance marker, gears, and distance indicator. I could hardly wait for START! The time counting begins, I wait for the green light to finally live this thrill!

The landscapes I pass are cool and the opponents are my old acquaintances. At each stage new obstacles and greater difficulties. Demanding from me a lot of skill and expertise. Despite Atari 2600's low memory capacity, don't expect to complete this game in a day. It has much more to offer than a simple rally race!

Today, Sunday, I have been immersed for three days in the races and have just arrived from the 3rd stage where I was crowned champion. I am posting photos of the podium.

II know I have the last and hardest test ahead, yet with free time I update my spreadsheet, write my diary and can convey my experience in Rally Racer.

Well, I have to get ready again, after all I still want to close the circuit today.

With the certainty that Atari lives and pulsates strongly, See you soon!

_05 Tela Planicies.jpg_09 release.jpg

_08 1º colocado.jpg_07_detalhe.jpg_10 Caixa frontal.jpg

_01 cartucho.jpg_02 Manual.jpg_03 Jogo.jpg

Edited by daniel.inforede
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Folks!

Next week we at MORE WORK Games will have our Black Friday!

Stay tuned to our newsletter and social media to buy A New Marauder and Rally Racer with great discounts.

facebook.com/moreworkgames
instagram.com/moreworkgames
morework.com.br

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

RALLY RACER has been included in the nomination committee voting for the 2019 ATARI Homebrew Awards and being able to compete in the Best Atari 2600 Homebrew, Best Graphics (2600), Best Music + Sound (2600) and Best Packaging (2600) categories.

I would like to thank to James O'Brien (ZeroPage Homebrew), Brian Matherne (Arenafoot) and AtariAge for this opportunity.

If you don't know the game yet, you can see the gameplay and music on YouTube:

Gameplay Resume (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2qWQUu6uNg)

STAGE 1 Complete [Desert Zone] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGuBkPMd34A)

STAGE 2 Complete [Night Route] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXH041dmA2Q)

STAGE 3 Complete [Floodplain] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOke3NpepTI)

STAGE 4 Complete [Rocky Trail] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_RFfZviIZ4)

Rally Racer packaging and graphics on More Work Games website:

Packaging (www.morework.com.br/site/rr-rally-racer-en-us)

Graphics (www.morework.com.br/site/rr-racers-en-us)

Thank you guys!

L. Camara

2019 ATARI Homebrew Awards.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

CONGRATULATIONS to Rally Racer for being nominated in the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards!

Be sure to vote for your favourite homebrew games of 2019 with the links below and watch the awards LIVE on February 1, 2020!

Awards Show: February 1, 2020 @ 12:00PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT LIVE on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Channel!

Atari Homebrew Awards Categories (VOTE IN ALL!!):

654892003_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Nominated-BestPackagingAtari2600.jpg.f44da06898b57a96fd790ca18a0c20bd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

1462032602_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Winner-BestPackagingAtari2600.thumb.png.4d5def6748b8a6f11ce803aaa6993128.png

2019 ATARI HOMEBREW AWARDS RESULTS

Thank you everyone for an amazing event today. Congratulations to all the nominees and the winners! You can watch the replay on Twitch or when it's posted on YouTube tomorrow!

Atari 2600: Best Homebrew ≤4K
1) Amoeba Jump by Dion Olsthoorn "Dionoid"
2) Space Game 2KB by Karl Garrison "Karl G"
3) Caverns by Harold Thijssen

Atari 7800: Best Homebrew
1) Rikki & Vikki by PenguiNet "TailChao"
2) Baby Pac-Man by Bob DeCrecenzo "PacManPlus"
3) Draker Quest II by Clark Otto "frankodragon"

Atari 2600: Best Packaging
1) Rally Racer by More Work Games
2) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games (packaging by Dave Dries)
3) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games (packaging by Dave Dries)

Atari 2600: Best WIP
1) Zoo Keeper by Champ Games
2) Ninjish Guy in Low Res World by Vladimir Zuñiga (aka John Von Neumann) "vhzc"
3) Penult by Karl Garrison "Karl G"

Atari 8-Bit/5200: Best Homebrew
1) Gravity Worms - Krzysztof "xxl" Dudek, Jakub "Aceman" Szeląg, Kamil "Vidol" Walaszek
2) Jet Set Willy 2019 - Terence "Tezz" Derby (original game by Matthew Smith)
2) Wasteland - Michael Jaskula

Atari 2600: Best Music & Sound
1) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games (sound by Mike Haas with Ross Keenum)
2) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games (sound and music by Ross Keenum)
3) Aardvark by Oscar Toledo Gutiérrez "nanochess" and Thomas Jentzsch (design and coding), Nathan Strum (graphics and packaging)

Atari 2600: Best Graphics
1) Aardvark by Oscar Toledo Gutiérrez "nanochess" and Thomas Jentzsch (design and coding), Nathan Strum (graphics and packaging)
2) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games (graphics by Nathan Strum)
3) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games (graphics by Nathan Strum)

Atari 2600: Lifetime Achievement Award
Albert Yarusso

Atari 2600: Best Homebrew
1) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games
2) Aardvark by Oscar Toledo Gutiérrez "nanochess" and Thomas Jentzsch (design and coding), Nathan Strum (graphics and packaging)
3) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

We'll be playing Rally Racer on tomorrow's (Tue Jul 28) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

193394041_20200728-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.54fd1d4ea6cf497f98d13215fd51812b.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, sramirez2008 said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew It was fun watching you guys play through the game.

Thanks so much! It was a lot of fun reading the detailed story-like manual while racing through various parts of the world. I was REALLY impressed by the unique power cycle method of advancing to the next race, very unconventional!

- James

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I was REALLY impressed by the unique power cycle method of advancing to the next race, very unconventional!

- James

Their first VCS game (A New Marauder) does something similar.
I like both games, and their packaging is unique.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I was REALLY impressed by the unique power cycle method of advancing to the next race, very unconventional!

That's what old multicards did too. Therefore I suppose each stage is basically a separate ROM (with a bit of data transferred).

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

ZeroPage Homebrew will be trying for the Homebrew Patch in Rally Racer on tomorrow's (Fri Oct 23) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

312094962_20201023-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.069efeb4d0d149147329e4ccce47149a.jpg

• Thanks 1