IGNORED

cessnaace's Blog - Feeding My Atari: A Look Into The Future

RSS Bot

Here's a sneak peak at the games that I have ordered, so they will probably appear in future installments of Feeding My Atari. And of course, future installments of Game Review. I currently have 5 Atari Age and 2 Pack Rat orders being processed, and some eBay stuff.

ATARI 2600 / HOME BREWS All Games From Atari Age Unless Stated Otherwise

2005 Mutigame Multicart

• Hunchy
  • Jetman
  • M-4
  • Marble Jumper
  • Nightrider
  • Rocket Command
  • Zirconium
Astronomer (Pack Rat Video Games) This game is being referred to on some sites as Astronomer 2600.
BerZerk: Voice Enhanced
Draconian
Elevators Amiss
Explosive Diarrhea (Pack Rat Video Games)
Juno First
Lady Bug
Warring Worms: The Worm (Re)Turns

ATARI 2600 / CUSTOM REPRODUCTIONS Atari Age

Assault
Gas Hog
River Patrol

ATARI 2600 / NTSC eBay

Demolition Herby

ATARI 2600 / PAL VERSIONS eBay

Planet Patrol / Wall Defender 2-in-1 (this arrived today)
Meteor Defense (PAL Exclusive)
Mission 3000 A.D. (Boxed)

ATARI 7800 / HOME BREW

Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest - POKEY

Notes

I am continuing to see home brews for sale on eBay for more than they are being sold for here at Atari Age. Sorry, I'm not spending $30 (plus shipping) for games that I can get here for $19 (plus shipping).

I'm sure some of you have noticed that Pack Rat is slow. They are a one-man operation with no inventory is why. He produces each cartridge one at a time. I did receive an email about two weeks ago saying that my orders are approaching next-in-line status.

Yes, I already own a Custom Reproduction of Demolition Herby. I ordered it when ratty looking cartridges were popping up on eBay for between $50 to $75. Well, a few nights ago I was searching thru eBay and found a near-mint NTSC cart (handle) for $24.98, with FREE shipping. I jumped on it!

Why purchase PAL carts? Well, I ordered the 2-in-1 from Germany to see if it would work with my NTSC set-up. It does, but in black & white. I was recently told by another user at http://highscore.com that he has had this same experience on some releases, while some PAL carts will run in color but with a vertical bar that rolls. I've seen videos of this and it's except-able to me. Other PAL games run fine. I see no reason not to collect PAL carts, especially as some are PAL exclusives. Tonight I bought Mission 3000 A.D. (Boxed), and Meteor Defense (PAL Exclusive). Meteor Defense is one of those games that I've seen playing on an NTSC console in color, but with the rolling vertical bars.

No one has yet told me if the first Warring Worms game still available somewhere. Is this classified information that I'm requesting?

Oh, I achieved a score of over 400,000 points on Worm War I; Game 1; B/Novice. That explains the Image for this entry. :)

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/760/entry-15720-feeding-my-atari-a-look-into-the-future/