IGNORED

Elektronite News

• 3 weeks later...

I think that was definitely part of the plan as that’s where I was able to buy my DOTC & my Ninja Odyssey Cartridge.  I literally missed TNT Cowboy & Anthropomorphic Force by a few hours as Michael only had so many on hand and they sold out very quickly.  I don’t have anything definitive, but I believe every effort will be made to get some more at Good Deal Games which would be awesome as Michael is a really nice guy & always provides excellent service & communication in behalf of Elektronite’s games.  Fingers crossed was hopping to play for Christmas but might have to wait.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoeM_Intellivision said:

Yeah I actually got one but haven’t even opened it or set it up yet (want to do in coming months) & I’m technologically challenged so hopefully I can figure it out or get help from someone.

Its harder than the AtariMax and Harmony carts, but easier than the Mateos 7800 cart. Besides the list on the left half side of the GUI, only the lists on the right half side are confusing.:P

1 hour ago, intvsteve said:

I haven't used AtariMax or Harmony carts.  Do they just have one long list of games instead of arranging things in folders?

No, but the menu looks the same as it does in the sd card folder on your PC, except that the little folder icons are missing. 

33 minutes ago, Swami said:

No, but the menu looks the same as it does in the sd card folder on your PC, except that the little folder icons are missing. 

Ah - that explains it. Windows Explorer is your "menu layout editor". ;)

I can't say quite why the CuttleCart 3 for Intellivision didn't use that, rather than its own custom menu editor.

Since LTO Flash! uses flash storage instead of an SD card, we needed to implement a "folder hierarchy" in a different way.

32 minutes ago, intvsteve said:

Ah - that explains it. Windows Explorer is your "menu layout editor". ;)

I can't say quite why the CuttleCart 3 for Intellivision didn't use that, rather than its own custom menu editor.

Since LTO Flash! uses flash storage instead of an SD card, we needed to implement a "folder hierarchy" in a different way.

The Mateos uses flash storage but has no GUI, it has a 16 position switch. Max of 16 64kb games. Might be off on a detail, but close enough. You need windows XP or some additional software on your PC for Vista on up or Mac/UNIX. 

Oh, and you need to change the extension of your game files to a cart specific code dependent on file size and bankswitching method. So, there are like twenty different codes. 

Neat! Kind of a hybrid of the oldest literal "multi-carts" with DIP switches and newer storage mechanisms. There are all kinds of ways to approach creating these kinds of products. Heck, just the ol' Intellivision has done this three very different ways!

But... I think we've strayed a bit off-thread here. ;)

Hopefully the distribution of Elektronite carts can be streamlined a bit so more of us Intellivision fans can get these games.

• Like 1